Video Card Problems

soulexr

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Ok well recently my 8600gt just broke and all i have now is an old BFG 8400gs which I will have to use for about the next 2-3 months since I'm real low on cash right now. But when I got it on, desktop composition was HORRIBLE. Like the aero effects were just dang terrible. For example, ussually when I open an app, it's like a slideshow pretty much and it's really bugging me. The directx games are fine but the visuals just kill the card even more.

What I have tried:
-Getting a bigger power supply
-Regular drivers and latest drivers
-Overclocking,underclocking
-formatting pc

I cannot find a solution to this. BUT one of my friends told me to get a bios update on the card. So I tried looking for it online but i simply cannot find it anywhere on the web. I really need help :(

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
you sure you have the right drivers installed? It sounds to me like how my PC's run before I install the graphics drivers. I don't know about BIOS flashing on that type of card, but if you can find a BIOS, might not be a bad thing to try. Even just a total uninstall + driversweeper run and reinstall of the latest drivers for that particular card would be a good thing to try. Especially with it running worse without aero on makes it seem like its a driver issue of some sort.

soulexr

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Sorry for me to respond back but I've tried loads of drivers and the drivers with the cd i had for it. I've seen loads of other people with this graphics card and their visuals are fine. This is really weird =/