Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Swappin out mobo/processor...What could go wrong?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 12, 2011 11:07:07 PM

Going to swap out my LGA775 E8400 mobo and processor with my new I7 and P67 mobo tomorrow.
Assuming I don't do anything stupid and plug everything in properly...
What are some things that could still go wrong? Windows and or hardware detection issues?
I've done this several times in the past and never had a problem crop up yet but that could be just luck.
Does Vista, specifically, have any issues I need to be prepared for?
January 12, 2011 11:51:15 PM

How to Swing with Titleist 2010 Ap2 Irons

Dress warmly, but not that you wear so many layers that you can't easily swing the club. Find a way to keep your hands warm and dry, too. Some heavy, waterproof gloves to wear between shots fill that need with titleist 2010 ap2 irons.
When it's raining, you'll have to change your expectations. The air is colder, which means the ball won't carry as far as on a warm summer day. You might have to use one or maybe two taylormade r9 driver more.
Soggy turf will grab the clubhead if you hit even a bit behind the ball, and grab the ball if you hit it thin. Only the best contact will do, so ease up a little on shots played off the ground to make sure your contact is pure with taylormade r9 460 driver.
There is likely to be wind, too. If there's a crosswind, hit into it and let it carry the ball back. Ease up against a headwind, since a firm blow will create more backspin. That creates more lift and the taylormade r9 super tri driver balloon upwards and gets knocked straight down. Ease up with a tailwind, too, and let the wind do the work of pushing the ball along. ishiner

m
l

Best solution

January 13, 2011 12:37:48 AM

Ripthruster said:
Going to swap out my LGA775 E8400 mobo and processor with my new I7 and P67 mobo tomorrow.
Assuming I don't do anything stupid and plug everything in properly...
What are some things that could still go wrong? Windows and or hardware detection issues?
I've done this several times in the past and never had a problem crop up yet but that could be just luck.
Does Vista, specifically, have any issues I need to be prepared for?

Can't speak for Vista, but I've never been able to swap a Mobo without having to format and do a clean install on C drive.

As well as the inevitable re -registration of your Windows license.
Related resources
January 13, 2011 12:40:37 AM

As far as golf clubs and swings, some bot is spamming the wrong forum.
m
l
January 13, 2011 12:43:23 AM

I've been reading some say the repair utility works. Others say format and reinstall Vista. :( 
Sounds like this is going to be an all day thing.
I didn't want to do that if I didn't have to.
m
l
January 13, 2011 12:44:23 AM

swimswithtrout said:
As far as golf clubs and swings, some bot is spamming the wrong forum.

I thought claire12 was speaking metaphorically
m
l
January 22, 2011 11:46:11 PM

Best answer selected by ripthruster.
m
l
!