Solved

8800GT to SLI or 5770

I searched and found a few threads about upgrade options from a 8800GT (I have a eVga 8800GT Superclocked), and I was wondering if it would be better for me to get a second 8800GT Superclocked from eBay (even though they are pretty uncommon now), or keep the single GPU and get a 5770. This would be my first time having an ATI card.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8800gt 5770
  1. The 8800GT is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I for one would not buy such an old card from someone on ebay who has most likely OC'd the thing to within an inch of it's life or worse.
  2. Best answer
    I would go for the 5770. Its a nice upgrade, and its dx11, and great performance for a great price, plus it gives you the crossfire option for the future if you have a capable motherboard. At this point, unless you can't afford it, I would always say get something thats DX11. Another advantage is that its extremely power efficient and pretty darn cool, which is always a plus.
  3. Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll start lookin' for a 5770. Hope someone buys my old card haha, I haven't OC'd it at all
  4. good luck man:-) the 5770 is great.
  5. At up to 1650 x 1050, the 5770 should hold you cupla years.
  6. Best answer selected by neoletrix.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics Product