Sign in with
Your question

Ati 10.3 wierd fps drop in WoW

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2010 11:18:01 PM

Hello,i thought if ill upgrade my drivers its all for good,my previouse version was 9.12-stable-crd hd 5770.I was getting up to 250 fps in wow-usually more than 100.Since ive installed those drivers im getting half of my fps..Its kinda wierd-maybe someone can give an advice ?

More about : ati wierd fps drop wow

April 3, 2010 9:18:21 AM

try ati opengl 4 preview catalyst it contains newer drivers.good luck
April 4, 2010 12:25:01 AM

Ahh sorry i never understood what you mean..Could you provide me with link or just expline..
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 4, 2010 12:54:55 AM

imjelena said:
Hello,i thought if ill upgrade my drivers its all for good,my previouse version was 9.12-stable-crd hd 5770.I was getting up to 250 fps in wow-usually more than 100.Since ive installed those drivers im getting half of my fps..Its kinda wierd-maybe someone can give an advice ?

The likely reason is that the video card settings in the catalyst control center has been reset to default (which is high quality), where previously, you likely had some settings lowered. For WoW, if you have the settings turned up to max at a 1080p resolution, your video card would not even be able to handle 30 fps. You've likely been using some really low settings to have 250 fps.

Given the fact that your monitor can only display what your refresh rate is (usually 60), I personally turn up the graphical settings to the point I'm near 60 fps. I then turn on v-sync on to prevent more than 60 fps, since the extra frames will not be displayed anyways. This keeps the temperatures down on my video cards.

You could first try turning up the visual qualities in game until you are much closer to 60 fps. If you are getting higher than 60 fps, you are wasting graphics power and electrical power/heat.
April 4, 2010 10:24:56 AM

imjelena said:
Ahh sorry i never understood what you mean..Could you provide me with link or just expline..

* ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 preview driver for Windows® 7 / Windows® Vista
* ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 preview driver for Windows® XP
* ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 preview driver for Linux

It specially boosts performance on 5xxx series because only 5xxx series support OpenGL 4.0.It gave me about 10 more fps with 5750. [:mohsentux:9]

it also supports
# ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
# ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
# ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
# ATI FirePro V8750
# ATI FirePro V8700
# ATI FirePro V7750
# ATI FirePro V5700
# ATI FirePro V3750
# ATI FirePro V3700
# ATI FireGL V8650
# ATI FireGL V8600
# ATI FireGL V7700
# ATI FireGL V7600
# ATI FireGL V5600
# ATI FireGL V3600
But Gives OpenGL 3.3 Support not 4.0
April 4, 2010 7:13:48 PM

Well thank you very much for your answers.First of all ll my settings maxed-and in game and in ccc-i had up to 250 fps.Im not saying all the time and sure not in Dalaran-as i said its on Ultra settings and i was getting so high fps,i have no reason to lie,its never droped down of 100 exept of Dalaran(40-60),even in 25 man raids it was 100 and up.About verticl sync i personally dont like it so its turned off in both(game and ccc).
April 4, 2010 7:15:23 PM

Well the link you provide giving me-Unauthorised download(W7)...
April 4, 2010 7:18:37 PM

About wow forgot to mention that my monitor is only 1400x900-must be the reason of my high fps.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 4, 2010 7:20:42 PM

Do you have WotL expansion, or are you on the original WoW? If you do have the latest expansions, I highly doubt there is anything wrong, other than you have had your previous drivers optimized for performance, rather than quality. Even your current FPS are more than you should see, if you tried to balance max visibly displayed FPS with quality.
April 4, 2010 7:28:07 PM

All my settings were exactly the same as now , ive set exactly same settings as before .Yes i play retail WOTLK, Atm im sitting in Dalaran with 194 -but when ill start pvp usually it will go down till 80.All my settings set on ultra exept of sync ,ahh and forgot to mention my multisampling also on x1.I dont like to put it up.
April 4, 2010 7:28:51 PM

Also all my settings in ccc on high quality or quality.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 4, 2010 7:33:48 PM

I don't believe you have everything at ultra except multisampling on that video card and resolution. I know many people with far superior GPU setups on i7's that don't come close to that. Especially in Dalaran.

You had settings in the CCC lowered and probably didn't realize it.
April 4, 2010 7:44:55 PM

LOool do you think i have the point to lie ? Im telling you and im not an idiot -you want me to post you screenshots just to proove or video ?? I dont care when people have better i7 and cant mannage them computer to run the game smooth or they have faulty config or prts -im telling you about my personal computer and settings im using. And to be onest i dont really care if you believe me or not.I just mention that this new drivers cause me a problem .Im not the only one who waiting for 10.4.And i never SAID ABOUT 100 in Dalaran-i said 40-60.Atm i mooved to Isle of Concuest and i have 130.Dont forget to use some lines in your wtf file to improove your fps and please suggest the same to your friends with them cool configs who cant mannage to have good fps. Also im using macros ground effect density wich improoves grasses lol. "You had settings in the CCC lowered and probably didn't realize it "-this your comment make me laugh relly.Im not blind and not stupid.nd i ply WoW more than 4 years to tell me about my settings.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 4, 2010 7:50:51 PM

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying you are probably confused about your catalyst settings.
April 4, 2010 7:57:44 PM

Believe me im not confused and i was expecting much less fps from my card when i bought it.You need screens just to close this conversation ? Im not new with ati and im not new with computers to be confused with such simple things.Dont forget to suggest people with imba superior GPUs to add some simple usefull lines in them wtf file wich will imroove thwem poor performance. I already helped some guys who hade 5970 eyefinity edition with 20-30 fps-and now they have 200 and up.You can find my post i eu forum when guy was complainig about his low fps with 5970 card.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 4, 2010 8:59:33 PM

imjelena said:
Believe me im not confused and i was expecting much less fps from my card when i bought it.You need screens just to close this conversation ? Im not new with ati and im not new with computers to be confused with such simple things.Dont forget to suggest people with imba superior GPUs to add some simple usefull lines in them wtf file wich will imroove thwem poor performance. I already helped some guys who hade 5970 eyefinity edition with 20-30 fps-and now they have 200 and up.You can find my post i eu forum when guy was complainig about his low fps with 5970 card.

If you can show me the link, I'm open to trying it out myself.

As far as advise, if there truely is no difference in quality, why don't you revert back to 9.12 drivers? I've found the 9.12 drivers are the best anyways, from personal experience.
April 5, 2010 2:01:20 AM

Yeah ill try those and prooly ill revert them back after you are right.
April 5, 2010 2:16:34 AM

Well cant find exactly link i meant but i found one of the latest i helped one guy.Actually his problem was drivers (wrong for hie eyefinity i guess) and he added some lines wich really improove fps.
April 12, 2010 5:07:50 PM

you know I just up dated mine and I have vsync and stay steady at 75 no matter where I am, and I was using 10.2, now with 10.3, I average around 40fps...
April 13, 2010 9:58:39 AM

You mean its also get worst ?
!