Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Reinstalling Windows on SSD with out disk?

Last response: in Windows 7

Best solution

October 26, 2011 1:35:48 AM

Windows actually doesn't really care what installation media you use, so long as it's the same version...So, if a friend has installation media, you can borrow it and install using that and your own activation key. Just be prepared to phone Microsoft and let them know you're only running it on one computer.
October 26, 2011 1:42:00 AM

Ilander said:
Windows actually doesn't really care what installation media you use, so long as it's the same version...So, if a friend has installation media, you can borrow it and install using that and your own activation key. Just be prepared to phone Microsoft and let them know you're only running it on one computer.

So where do I find my activation key?
Score
Related resources
October 26, 2011 2:11:11 AM

TonyACG51 said:
So where do I find my activation key?
Normally it would be a sticker on your PC or on some manual. If you purchased a copy legally and just the key ... you could be screwed as the disc itself is worthless and that code is the one worth 100-200$. However, if your PC is still running with the old key, you can use one of the following tools to recover it: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/... .
Score
October 26, 2011 2:24:22 AM

Zenthar said:
Normally it would be a sticker on your PC or on some manual. If you purchased a copy legally and just the key ... you could be screwed as the disc itself is worthless and that code is the one worth 100-200$. However, if your PC is still running with the old key, you can use one of the following tools to recover it: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/productkeysactivation/tp/... .

Cool thanks! I got it used with out the disk or key code.
Score
October 26, 2011 2:24:48 AM

Best answer selected by TonyACG51.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2011 2:32:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!