Need help with CPU Smart fan settings in bios on a TA890FXE

My current rig is a Biostar 890FXE motherboard, Phenom II 965 c2 140W, Corsair H50 water Cooler, Antec True Power 750 W power supply, Xigmatek Utgard Case, Radeon 5770 Videocard, 8 gigabytes of Corsair Gaming DDR memory at 1600. I have my cpu overclocked to 3.7 Ghz on stock voltage.

My question is I want my rig to be as quite as possible until I game, do some encoding, etc. This is where all the PWM stuff comes in. The bios has these options

Smart Fan Calibration -
Control Mode - Quiet/Performance/Manual
Fan Ctrl Off-
Fan Ctrl On -
Fan Ctrl Start Value -
Fan Ctrl Sensitive - 1-127 value by manual, but Smart Fan Calib. detects PWM value to 255.

I pretty much want my pump on 100% I do have system1 fan mode setting to full on mode, but I want the fan on the radiator to start working at around 40 degrees (around a couple hundred rpms) and gradually go to 100% once it reaches right before its critical temps of 62 degrees (1700 rpm)? How do I do that with those settings, I understand the first two, but the last two confuse me??? I believe around 800-100 rpm it wouldn't be as noisy, I would like to keep it at this range until the high fifties then go to 1700 when it reaches 60.
2 answers Last reply
More about need smart settings bios ta890fxe
  1. What happens if you use the quiet mode? Should give you results close to what you are looking for...
  2. Well I tried performance mode and the stupid fan wouldn't even turn on when it hit 60. I don't know if quiet would do any better that's why I did manual.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Fan CPUs