Sign in with
Your question

Looking to buy Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or..

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2011 8:25:46 AM

Hello, Just wondering if anyone here still has either an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe/P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard lying around that you want to sell?Just want to use my old P4 3.4ghz CPU to work for me as an economical regular home/School PC use.-Thanks! Or e-mail me: jack_silva85@hotmail.com/I live in California.

More about : buy asus p4c800 deluxe

a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2011 12:48:11 PM

You can buy a *new* Socket 478 motherboard on eBay for like $20 or so. I recently bought a few of them to build some P4 workstations using a lot of old DDR and Socket 478 chips I had laying around. Mine were ASRock motherboards with PCIe slots to boot. I'm not a fan of ASRock, but I have to admit, at like $27 each with shipping, and the fact they're all still running perfect with no hickups, it was a good deal. The reason I recommend just buying a new board is because a) they're sooooo cheap, and b) back in the day, I saw a LOT of defective Asus P4Pxxx series boards die unexpectedly after a few months of use. When I say a lot, i'm talking 30+ of them over the course of a year. And if you get a newer board, you can get them with PCIe slots now, which your P4Pxxx boards never had. Just some input.
m
l
!