Can an H67 / 1155 system support 3 or 4 displays?

videoredo

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Want to build a sandy bridge system with an H67 chip set to get the media encoding, but need to support at least 3 and hopefully 4 active displays. Does anyone know if any of the motherboards allow for multiple monitors. The Intel H67-based boards, have connections for three monitors (DVI, HDMI, Display port), but only support two monitors at a time. How about the ASUS boards which have four connections on the motherboard?

If I'm limited to two active monitors, is it possible to add a three monitor via a display card without losing the Quick Sync capability of the Sandy Bridge CPU?

Thanks.

videoredo

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Thanks the the link. I currently run multiple monitors, but from what I understand that the new I7 2x00 systems with the H67 chip set may prevent me from using cards with external GPUs while at the same time allowing the Quick Sync transcoding that's available with the new Sandy Bridge processors.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You're going to have to ask someone more knowlegeable than me about that question. Maybe you could ask Intel or your GPU maker.

I can't imagine that one of the new i7's or the mobo won't work with the new CPU AND a separate GPU card.

jeremylu

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

I have the Asus H67 Motherboard with VGA/HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort. I don't currently have a monitor with DisplayPort, so I was unable to test that.

But, when I hooked up the other 3 at the same time, it would only allow me to use two at the same time either DVI&VGA or DVI&HDMI or HDMI&VGA. It WOULD NOT allow me to use all 3 at once.

videoredo

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
I am the OP, and ended up purchasing an Asus P8H67-M EVO board. Discovered the same thing, that only two displays could be simultaneously used. Purchased two 1920x1080 monitors go with with the system, and shelved the 3-older 1280x1040 displays.

I just received a replacement motherboard from ASUS, but it crashes when the system sits idle for more than an hour or so.