Should I paint the inside of my case white?

noobz1lla

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
So I'm sitting here thinking about what color if any to paint my case.

Currently I have a HAF 932 and if you aren't familiar with it then, the interior is this industrial grey color. Not bad, not great.

I know everyone's first reaction is to say paint the interior black. I only don't like that idea because I think that the color black would somehow retain more heat than another color. Is that valid?

So I'm thinking what if I paint my interior white. Really get everything to pop and look clean.

What do you guys think?

Anyone seen a case with a white interior?

Eg Lawns

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010

Grey and white are not that different. Also I can see your reasoning with not wanting to paint it black. But on that same note I did some reasearch that said while white does not absorb heat as fast as darker colored things do, darker things tend to release the heat much faster then the color white. So in the end it depends on you. Color the case white test it, then test it with black.

the bit where you said ;
"So I'm thinking what if I paint my interior white. Really get everything to pop and look clean. " kinda made it clear for me man :p
I dont think that theres going to be a massive difference between the thermal characteristics of any colour for your pc, pc's just dont kick out enough heat imo, unless ofc you are Oc'ing 12 Hexxers to 15Ghz each :p Bacon sandwich anyone?

Back of my mind Eg lawn is correct - Forgot the physics involved. In terms of a Computer Case, AH - no real life diff so go with what you like.

On color - on metal objects that get HOT, ie engine parts such as valve cover, Black to reduce oxidation, or unpainted is preferred.

Added: rational, or BS - But radiate heat energy is in the infra-red band and whit would tend to refect some of this energy back into the metal. The same principle as external energy is reflect away.