Sign in with
Your question

looking for quality 15-17"

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 20, 2002 1:43:13 AM

I'm heading to a computer show this weekend (Salem, NH) and am looking for a solid 15-17" LCD. High contrast and at least 30ms response (25ms would probably be optimal). What monitors would people reccomend for this? (I need some 15" suggestions and all anyone seems to talk about here is the CML174 or whatever). I don't know a ton about LCDs but if someone could reccommend some that would be really helpful. Thanks.

Those dogs can smell anything. That's why you gotta kick em in the throat!!!

More about : quality

December 20, 2002 5:09:16 PM

yeah the hitachi right now is a guess one of the best out right now with the 16ms response time.. but i think the viewsonic Vg171 and the Samsung 170T both 17" models are also pretty nice Monitors...also pretty stylish

This Community is like a Second Family!!
December 20, 2002 5:20:51 PM

does anyone have a samsung 152t (just for a 15inch option) that could let me know what they think of them?

Related resources
December 21, 2002 12:32:37 AM

well, i know you posted 15-17.. but those were the only other monitor's besides that hitachi, that i would ever think about buying.. besides.. 15" ARE YOU NUTZ!! dam, i wish i had bigger then a 17"

But, no i don't really no much on the 15" model, i just know that the 170t isn't that bad of a monitor

December 21, 2002 1:28:33 AM

well...being that a decent 15" is like 400 dollars, I'm not sure I afford a 17". Being that a 15" LCD is similar to a 17" CRT I don't see it as being that bad. I have a hard time warranting spending much more than 400 bucks on an LCD monitor that will never compete with an equal priced CRT of larger dimensions; so I guess 15" is my only option since a 17" of the quality I desire is out of my reach.

December 21, 2002 4:47:21 PM

well the hitachi 17" lcd isn't that $$

December 21, 2002 7:18:26 PM

Why don't u just get a kickass crt?

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
December 21, 2002 10:55:01 PM

well. it's for my gf and she wanted something to take up less space. i ended up getting a ve500 today. it was a little bit less than the online prices i was looking at and the place will replace it for even ONE dead pixel so i figured it was a good deal. i too have a hard time paying so much for LCDs when I saw 19" sony trinitrons (older g400 models) for 200 bucks, BUT it's what my gf wanted, not what i wanted and she doesn't play games so this monitor will serve her well.

Those dogs can smell anything. That's why you gotta kick em in the throat!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tommunist on 12/21/02 07:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
December 22, 2002 11:24:04 AM

cool, nice gift for the GirlFriend... looks like your gonna be one lucky dude for christmas!

!