Nphilley

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hi I just got my Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb ssd and I've heard it's bad to put windows and games on the same partition. Should I partition it? Also anything I should know about getting this thing setup to be the most beneficial pretty much the main thing I've heard is to make sure its in ahci when I install and I did that. Here's my system
Fx 8120
Asrock xtreme 3 990fx
Kingston ssd 120
Sea gate cuda 1tb
Hd 7850
Pc power and cooling 750w
Corsair vengeance 1866
Hyper n520 CPU cooler

There is no point in partitioning a drive that small. Partitioning is usually recommended if you are putting your OS on a larger hard drive say 500GB or larger, it helps the OS run a bit faster by keeping the OS on a smaller section of the drive, the extra partiton als gives you somewhere to store your data so if the OS gets horribly damaged, you can wipe the OS partition without worrying about losing anything important.

Be aware you won't be getting too many games on a 120GB SSD. You can probably fit two larger games onto it, maybe three if you are really good with managing your space. Personally, I'd just put your games on the hard drive, game load times on most HDDs aren't very long, SSDs will make your games load a bit faster, but they won't help game performance in any other way.