Sign in with
Your question

Case light

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2010 4:52:45 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased a Rosewill RC-CIX-01 case and the PSU stopped working. I replaced the PSU with another unit and now the power light is shining orange as opposed to blue. What could be the reason for the light change? The light is constant and not blinking. I have .

Why does my case power light shine orange/red instead of the original blue/purple?

Thank you so much!

More about : case light

a c 285 ) Power supply
July 8, 2010 4:56:17 AM

Is this a power light on the front of the case? Those are generally LEDs and are generally restricted to a single color(multicolor LEDs exist but are significantly more expensive so they arent used much) For it to be a difference color now means either it took significant electrical damage, it would have to be pretty massive to change its color, or there is a second one in there of another color and the change in color signifies something. What case do you have? Its documentation might explain it.
m
l
July 8, 2010 5:07:11 AM

hunter315 said:
Is this a power light on the front of the case? Those are generally LEDs and are generally restricted to a single color(multicolor LEDs exist but are significantly more expensive so they arent used much) For it to be a difference color now means either it took significant electrical damage, it would have to be pretty massive to change its color, or there is a second one in there of another color and the change in color signifies something. What case do you have? Its documentation might explain it.

Yes, it's the power light on the front of the case. It should be a single color rather than multicolor LED. I think you are right. Maybe the PSU let the LED take the electrical damage. Thank you
m
l
a c 285 ) Power supply
July 8, 2010 5:22:34 AM

I would check the documentation for your case to make sure there isnt a second LED in there that signifies something bad has happened. For it to have damaged the LED to change it color odds are it damaged other things in the system to so check your other parts carefully for bulging or blown capacitors.
m
l
Related resources
!