Help with gaming pc $1000 or less (newbie)

G

hello

can you guys help me figure out a way to make a solid gaming computer to play games such as world of warcraft, oblivion, etc. on maximum settings without suffering any lag, etc. I am a newbie to making my own pc, and i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out which components to use. I need a pc which can pull 60+ fps on WoW even in intense 25m hard modes and one which can give solid performance for at least 2 yrs (wow isn't really cutting edge graphics).

thank you!

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
What's your budget? When do you plan to build? What monitor will you be using or what monitor resolution would you like to use? Do you need an OS, keyboard, speakers and other peripherals?

EDIT: budget's in the title. sorry.

G

HEY all, sorry for that new to forums :p here's the format :

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better)) BUDGET RANGE: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates Beginning of June, and planning on spending about 900-1000 dollars at most

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies) Gaming (most important), surfing web, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using** Keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick) Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case) I have no idea about brands (sorry) so I'm looking for help from you guys.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes / No / Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC) I need something that I can bring up to campus, and I don't really care for anything fancy (like the case or something lol) but it just needs to be a solid gaming pc