2nd Hard Drive

January 9, 2005 10:15:03 PM

I have read through a lot of reponses for adding second hard drives. Every
answer seems to require re-formatting or re-partioning the new hard drive.

I have added a second "slave" hard drive. Both the bios and disk management
can see the hard drive. The status on the drive is healthy but Windows will
not assign it a drive letter. My only avaiable option under disk management
is "delete parition".

Any help would be great,
SE

PS. Running windows xp, sp2, with 48 bit enabled.

More about : 2nd hard drive

January 10, 2005 2:35:14 PM

SilverEmerald wrote:

> I have read through a lot of reponses for adding second hard drives. Every
> answer seems to require re-formatting or re-partioning the new hard drive.
>
> I have added a second "slave" hard drive. Both the bios and disk management
> can see the hard drive. The status on the drive is healthy but Windows will
> not assign it a drive letter. My only avaiable option under disk management
> is "delete parition".
>
> Any help would be great,
> SE
>

> PS. Running windows xp, sp2, with 48 bit enabled.

Try formatting the new drive. Be careful you don't format the wrong
drive or partition!

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
!