2nd Hard Drive

I have read through a lot of reponses for adding second hard drives. Every
answer seems to require re-formatting or re-partioning the new hard drive.

I have added a second "slave" hard drive. Both the bios and disk management
can see the hard drive. The status on the drive is healthy but Windows will
not assign it a drive letter. My only avaiable option under disk management
is "delete parition".

Any help would be great,
SE

PS. Running windows xp, sp2, with 48 bit enabled.
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive

    SilverEmerald wrote:

    > I have read through a lot of reponses for adding second hard drives. Every
    > answer seems to require re-formatting or re-partioning the new hard drive.
    >
    > I have added a second "slave" hard drive. Both the bios and disk management
    > can see the hard drive. The status on the drive is healthy but Windows will
    > not assign it a drive letter. My only avaiable option under disk management
    > is "delete parition".
    >
    > Any help would be great,
    > SE
    >

    > PS. Running windows xp, sp2, with 48 bit enabled.

    Try formatting the new drive. Be careful you don't format the wrong
    drive or partition!

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Configuration Disk Management Hard Drives Windows XP