Sign in with
Your question

Third display not working with Sapphire HD5750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2010 10:26:37 AM

Hi all out there,
My setup of 3 22"Eizo screens on a Sapphire HD5750 giving me headaches on the third display.
2 displays work proper, but i cannot get the third one in place. 2 displays are connected direct with DVI, the third i tried with a HDMI to DVI cable but didnt work, now i used a DP to DVI adapter and still i am not able to connect the third screen in the catalyst software.
Anyone have a sparkling solution ?
Tnx, jw
April 3, 2010 10:48:08 AM

I'm currently running 3 displays on a Sapphire 5830, and I have read somewhere that at least one of the displays must be connected via a DisplayPort Cable. If you aren't using the DisplayPort connection on one of your screens, that could be your problem.
m
l
April 3, 2010 10:52:10 AM

w_marthe said:
I'm currently running 3 displays on a Sapphire 5830, and I have read somewhere that at least one of the displays must be connected via a DisplayPort Cable. If you aren't using the DisplayPort connection on one of your screens, that could be your problem.

Hi w_marthe, tnx for the comment
i did use a DP-DVI after i read a topic here abt it and replaced it for my HDMI to DVI.
The software detecting 3 screens, but when i extend to my third screen it allows me only when i disable one of the other 2, so at the end no third screen ...
m
l
Related resources
April 3, 2010 10:55:08 AM

Have you tried updating drivers?
m
l
April 3, 2010 11:24:28 AM

w_marthe said:
Have you tried updating drivers?

yes, driver new installed and updated through website and also added the additional Eyefinity download ...
m
l
April 3, 2010 11:33:16 AM

Try reading this if the information below hasn't helped you:

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-don...

Catalyst Control Center and the Windows Display Settings manager both register all 3 monitors correct?

If so, have you tried setting the 3rd monitor as your primary display?

If this doesn't work, then I would have to recommend completely uninstalling and reinstalling the ATI drivers followed by a restart.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
m
l
April 3, 2010 12:08:39 PM

w_marthe said:
Try reading this if the information below hasn't helped you:

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-don...

Catalyst Control Center and the Windows Display Settings manager both register all 3 monitors correct?

If so, have you tried setting the 3rd monitor as your primary display?

If this doesn't work, then I would have to recommend completely uninstalling and reinstalling the ATI drivers followed by a restart.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

I will get a new DP-DVI adapter listed in the link you send me and try again, thanx for now will let you know when i received it, ty tc
m
l
!