I am begging for help

qnknown

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hello

I have an issue with my computer It occured to me few hours ago. I will describe everything below, firstly I am going to write down what type of components do I have: CPU- Intel i7 930 2,8Mhz, RAM 3x 2gb DDR3 1800, Geforce Nvidia 460 GTX 768mb, Motherboard ASUS P6T SE X58, Hard drive WD 1tb 64mb cache, power- WIN Power+Plus 750W.

It is a new computer that I brought few months ago everything was working perfectly apart of that my computer was freezing sometimes (happened to me like 4 times) mouse and whole system were frozen that restart the only solution. Today my computer swiched itself off while I was having a conversation on the TeamSpeak with my friends. I couldn't swich it ON again the computer was just dead PC he was not responding for my request of swiching himself ON, the power supply was alright i have a small swicher in my motherboard with light and the light was on (which means that power was ON) while i was trying to swich my PC ON but he was not responding. I opened my PC I looked through the cables and everything, everything seem to be alright firstly I though that It might be HDD so i unplugged and plugged cables back and computer. The time I swiched power ON on my power supply and I hit the swicher computer worked and it started normally with no problems.

After a while when I was playing game on my PC the PC swiched off again itself, same story as above but this time after doing the same stuff he did not work again, I have taken the BIOS battery out to restart BIOS to defalt settings (in case if something happened) I looked through few forums and I started checking the components one by one. Firstly I thought it might be a swicher button which can be damaged somehow cable or anything. I checked this first everythig was ok. So after that i unplugged cables from my HDD and from my CD/DVD ROm. I tried again, computer swiched for 0,5sec and swiched off itself (when i try swich it on again it is not working untill i cut off the power in my power supply there is a button 0/1 where after that i hit the swicher again and he swichs computer ON for 0.5sec and turns off again. I don't have even a occasion to see anything on the screen of my monitor.

After that I took RAM's out from my PC I took out the Graphc card as well. Basicly the components that were pinned were CPU, motherboard and power supply, when i tried again same story occured. I am reminding that everytime the small button on the motherboard the manual swicher's light were still on while i tried to turn the PC on for the 1st or even 2nd and 3rd timeit did not blink even for once so i believe that it is not the problem of power supply because power was in the computer for the whole time. (when i cut off the power in power supply the light from this small button goes away this is the sign that power supply is working properly - for me)

I am not sure what is damaged or what problem is I took out my savings and I am willing to buy new part which is damanged because i need computer for my college assignments and other stuff. I believe that it is the motherboard and i am going to buy another one but slightly different model but it alsmo might be a CPU which will be really painful for me because of the price. I am just afraid of that when the new motherboard comes and i will transfer everything on new motherboard that the same problem will occur and I will have 2 working motherboards and problem will be not solved.

If someone had a similar problem or heard about something like this I am begging you help me give me advice tell me what to do share with me your information ASAP

TomV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Power cord pushed firmly into the power supply and the wall ?

Don't laugh, seen it happen. House call wasted.

qnknown

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

I checked that either and it is not a issue everything is ok

Work systematically through our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems
I mean work through, not just read over it. We spent a lot of time on this. It should find most of the problems.

If not, continue.

I have tested the following beep patterns on Gigabyte, eVGA, and ECS motherboards. Other BIOS' may be different, but they all use a single short beep for a successful POST.

Breadboard - that will help isolate any kind of case problem you might have.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262730-31-breadboarding

Breadboard with just motherboard, CPU & HSF, case speaker, and PSU.

Make sure you plug the CPU power cable in. The system will not boot without it.

I always breadboard a new build. It takes only a few minutes, and you know you are putting good parts in the case once you are finished.

You can turn on the PC by momentarily shorting the two pins that the case power switch goes to. You should hear a series of long, single beeps indicating memory problems. Silence indicates a problem with (in most likely order) the PSU, motherboard, or CPU. Remember, at this time, you do not have a graphics card installed so the load on your PSU will be reduced.

If no beeps:
Running fans and drives and motherboard LED's do not necessarily indicate a good PSU. In the absence of a single short beep, they also do not indicate that the system is booting.

At this point, you can sort of check the PSU. Try to borrow a known good PSU of around 550 - 600 watts. That will power just about any system with a single GPU. If you cannot do that, use a DMM to measure the voltages. Measure between the colored wires and either chassis ground or the black wires. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire: 5 volts always on. Tolerances are +/- 5% except for the -12 volts which is +/- 10%.

The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

You can turn on the PSU by completely disconnecting the PSU and using a paperclip or jumper wire to short the green wire to one of the neighboring black wires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4&feature=youtube_gdata

A way that might be easier is to use the main power plug. Working from the back of the plug where the wires come out, use a bare paperclip to short between the green wire and one of the neighboring black wires. That will do the same thing with an installed PSU. It is also an easy way to bypass a questionable case power switch.

This checks the PSU under no load conditions, so it is not completely reliable. But if it can not pass this, it is dead. Then repeat the checks with the PSU plugged into the computer to put a load on the PSU.

If the system beeps:
If it looks like the PSU is good, install a memory stick. Boot. Beep pattern should change to one long and several short beeps indicating a missing graphics card.

Silence, long single beeps, or series of short beeps indicate a problem with the memory. If you get short beeps verify that the memory is in the appropriate motherboard slots.

Insert the video card and connect any necessary PCIe power connectors. Boot. At this point, the system should POST successfully (a single short beep). Notice that you do not need keyboard, mouse, monitor, or drives to successfully POST.
At this point, if the system doesn't work, it's either the video card or an inadequate PSU. Or rarely - the motherboard's PCIe interface.

Now start connecting the rest of the devices starting with the monitor, then keyboard and mouse, then the rest of the devices, testing after each step. It's possible that you can pass the POST with a defective video card. The POST routines can only check the video interface. It cannot check the internal parts of the video card.

qnknown

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Yes yes I know most of it but the issue is it swiches ON for 0.5sec and swiches OFF straight away so there wont be beep or anything because can not even accomplish to this stage

qnknown

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
lol now something very strange happened i didnt do anything since yesterday with my PC and now i said let me try it and he accualy swich ON and he didnt swich OFF and he was just beeping because i took all parts outside lol? now i am really confused. i will put now all parts inside and see what is going to happen in next hours