HP dv6426us screen white flickering horizontal lines

My laptop has white flickering horizontal lines, it does not happen all the time but it does happen a lot. My problem is just like what happens to this guy in the video below. Do you guys think it is the whole lcd or just the inverter board? thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuBkSiNBm4&feature=related
9 answers Last reply
More about dv6426us screen white flickering horizontal lines
  1. Is it under warranty?
  2. rolli59 said:
    Is it under warranty?

No its about 3 years old.
  3. It can be as little as the monitor cable connection to the motherboard or a problem in the cable where it runs through the monitor hinge.
  4. rolli59 said:
    It can be as little as the monitor cable connection to the motherboard or a problem in the cable where it runs through the monitor hinge.

Thanks for the replay thats what I was thinking, I was going to replace the monitor cable and inverter since both parts can be acquired for about $15. If that does not solve the problem I am guessing it is either the LCD or the graphics card, which is build into the motherboard.

If it is the inverter, cable, or lcd when I connect it to an external monitor I should not have this problem on the external monitor right????
  5. Correct the vga out comes directly from the mobo.
  6. Thanks I will test this out tomorrow and post back
  7. I changed both the ribbion cable and the inverter so the only thing left is the lcd. Do u guys thing it is worth the $100 to change it? What are the chances of having the exact same problem 2 months down the road?
  8. It is something you will have to decide. Changes are slim that it happens again 2 months down the road unless there is something else wrong.
  9. ok thanks for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Hewlett Packard Graphics