NEW Asus P6X58D and NOTHING

Last response: in Systems
May 1, 2010 4:50:50 AM

Built New:

Asus P658D PREMIUM
Interl CORE i7 980X
Kingston 1600 CL9 DDR3
Saphire VaporX 100281VX-2SR Radeon HD5870

Starts up (lights, fans, etc), no beeps, nothing on screen............just a black screen.

Took it appart, rechecked connections. ......Still nothing.

HELP!!!!

AD

More about : asus p6x58d

May 1, 2010 10:01:03 AM

Where is you RAM seated? I built my computer, put it together, it turned on with lights, it stayed on there was nothing on the monitor....if you check your Mobo manual you may find they are very picky at where your RAM goes.
I had to move my RAM from the first slot to the second. Also try with just one stick of RAM. If you cannot find the specific mention in your manual then move the stick from one slot to the next, turning on each time to see if it works. If it doesn't, then try the other stick of RAM doing the same thing (just in case one stick is faulty)
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2010 2:40:17 PM

asteldian said:
Where is you RAM seated? I built my computer, put it together, it turned on with lights, it stayed on there was nothing on the monitor....if you check your Mobo manual you may find they are very picky at where your RAM goes.
I had to move my RAM from the first slot to the second. Also try with just one stick of RAM. If you cannot find the specific mention in your manual then move the stick from one slot to the next, turning on each time to see if it works. If it doesn't, then try the other stick of RAM doing the same thing (just in case one stick is faulty)

RAM seated in A1 B1 C1 positions. Another thead said update the BIOS. How do you do that if the computer won't boot?
Also noticed the power in the mobo manual says eATX and mine is ATX?
m
l
!