Sign in with
Your question

Trouble with HAF 922 help!!!

Last response: in Components
July 8, 2010 6:04:17 PM

Hello everone i just bought my pc now. I bought HAF 922 as my cabinet and i bought gigabyte 890fx ud7,phenom ii x4 965 and i have VIP power supply of 600W but i have a problem the motherboard seems to be too lengthy and i am unable to fix my psu.

If i fix psu first then motherboard doesnt have space to fit.
else
if i fix motherboard first my psu doesnt have space to fit
please tell me what should i do does this cabinet supports this motherboard??

More about : trouble haf 922

a b ) Power supply
July 8, 2010 6:07:06 PM

return the 922 and get a 932
m
l
July 8, 2010 6:18:28 PM

this is what happens when u don't research the mobo is and extended-atx motherboard the haf 922 only accepts micro-atx and atx as mentioned earlier get a haf 932 or any case that accepts e-atx form factor oh and why did u get that mobo if u can't do 3way sli or cf with that psu??
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2010 4:28:47 PM

jefe323 said:
return the 922 and get a 932

Hey i bought HAF 932 but still no luck i still cant fix my power supply

See this is my power supply
http://www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps02.html

my motherboard fits but powersupply is still in the way please help somebody
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:14:04 PM

are you mounting the psu on the top or bottom of the case?
m
l
July 9, 2010 5:17:42 PM

jefe323 said:
are you mounting the psu on the top or bottom of the case?

at the bottom but the motherboard is just on the edge the psu is coming over the motherboard there is very less gap between motherboard and the psu difficult to install please any advice i want to build my pc fast thank you for your help please continue helping me
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:17:50 PM

the case doesnt support that motherboard. get the 932, as others have said. also, that is a really crappy psu. a corsair 750tx would do you well!
m
l
July 9, 2010 5:21:47 PM

shovenose said:
the case doesnt support that motherboard. get the 932, as others have said. also, that is a really crappy psu. a corsair 750tx would do you well!

Yes i already returned 922 and bought 932 but still i am unable to install my power supply its gets in the way when i install my motherboard how do i install both of them if either one gives trouble to other?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:34:07 PM

post some pics, it might help.

i would also get a different psu like shovenose suggested, the one you have is a POS
m
l
July 9, 2010 5:38:18 PM

jefe323 said:
post some pics, it might help.

i would also get a different psu like shovenose suggested, the one you have is a POS

True but what do you mean the one i have is a POS?.Does this 932 have a specific requirements of psu like not all psu are supported on this cabinet?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:41:53 PM

pos=piece of sh*t
well its not the case compatibility. any atx psu should fit in the case. its just the quality of the psu in general. for example your lousy 600w has probably the case amount of power as a corsair 400cx 400w psu...
and it just is less stable and wont last as long and isnt as good quality
m
l
July 9, 2010 5:43:54 PM

shovenose said:
pos=piece of sh*t
well its not the case compatibility. any atx psu should fit in the case. its just the quality of the psu in general. for example your lousy 600w has probably the case amount of power as a corsair 400cx 400w psu...
and it just is less stable and wont last as long and isnt as good quality

Ok fine i understand that my psu is not of a good brand or quality but atleast it should fit in the case right why is it bothering the motherboard?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:47:23 PM

post some pics of how it is not fitting in your case. It would help a lot in determing what is going wrong
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 5:48:31 PM

well, the cm 932 has the capability for the psu to be installed at the top. try that :) 
m
l
July 9, 2010 6:24:48 PM

jefe323 said:
post some pics of how it is not fitting in your case. It would help a lot in determing what is going wrong

Alright here are some pics showing less gap between power supply and motherboard and see the i/o panel the motherboard is not fitting to the i/o panel unless i remove my power supply and push my motherboard a bit downwards

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 6:38:00 PM

well you have not lined the mobo up properly, look at the io panel
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 7:14:00 PM

try mounting the psu on the top instead of the bottom
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 7:52:34 PM

jefe323 said:
try mounting the psu on the top instead of the bottom

thats what i said :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 7:55:15 PM

shovenose said:

yes you did, i guess great minds think alike... :) 
m
l
July 9, 2010 8:17:25 PM

You obviously have not attached the motherboard correctly. Just look at the IO sheild, the connectors should be touching it and peeking out the back of the case. I would recommend taking the motherboard out of the case and start fitting it in again. You should do this; Put in the motherboard stand offs, put the IO shield in place, put the motherboard in so connectors are peeking out the back of the case, screw the motherboard into the stand offs, then insert the PSU into the case and connect it up.
There was no need to change the case, the 922 is a great case and it should have fit fine (unless you do have an extended motherboard but i think you have a standard ATX that would have fit).
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2010 8:23:09 PM

no i looked at the mobo specs ga890fxa-ud7 it needs extended-atx
m
l
July 10, 2010 2:03:02 AM

shovenose said:
well you have not lined the mobo up properly, look at the io panel

That i know but to align the motherboard to fit the i/o panel i need more space which is blocked by my psu and if i fix my motherboard first then i am unable to fix psu
m
l
July 10, 2010 2:06:36 AM

shovenose said:

But if i want to fix my psu on top i have to remove the top fan right?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 2:07:02 AM

i dont care. heres what im saying:
ignore the psu for now. install the motherboard properly. then, try mounting the psu at both the top and bottom. one of them will work.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 2:16:15 AM

sorry if that came across rudely-i dont mean it. im just annoyed about something else right now so it isnt the best of moments :) 
m
l
July 10, 2010 2:16:17 AM

shovenose said:
i dont care. heres what im saying:
ignore the psu for now. install the motherboard properly. then, try mounting the psu at both the top and bottom. one of them will work.

I already tried the bottom its not fitting but will try the top do i have to remove the fan?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 2:17:08 AM

i dont know. i dont have the same case. but if the psu wont go in then yes, you will.
m
l
July 10, 2010 2:45:05 AM

shovenose said:
i dont know. i dont have the same case. but if the psu wont go in then yes, you will.

Hey guys it worked i am able to fix my psu at the top and now my motherboard is aligned properly but i am sad i had to take out that big fan on top can i fix it at the bottom?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 3:02:04 AM

no i guess it can only fit the extended-atx size mobos with the psu on top. sorry about the fan, but if you get a better psu with a 120mm fan on the bottom it will take the place rather nicely. so does the computer work well?
m
l
July 10, 2010 2:05:16 PM

shovenose said:
no i guess it can only fit the extended-atx size mobos with the psu on top. sorry about the fan, but if you get a better psu with a 120mm fan on the bottom it will take the place rather nicely. so does the computer work well?

Hey i have a bit of a problem when i try to start up my pc the gpu fan runs at full speed and nothing shows on screen can you help me please?
m
l
July 10, 2010 3:03:30 PM

Um... guys i am in a big trouble i guess because when i tried to fit my processor into the socket it didnt fit and some pins are now bent i tried to straighten them with a small pin but its not fitting into the socket please i am scared nothing is wrong right
m
l
July 10, 2010 3:14:49 PM

gamer1291 said:
Um... guys i am in a big trouble i guess because when i tried to fit my processor into the socket it didnt fit and some pins are now bent i tried to straighten them with a small pin but its not fitting into the socket please i am scared nothing is wrong right

tell the shop u bought from that u recieved a cpu with bent pins or watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 4:27:23 PM

well the cpu only goes in one way...
m
l
July 10, 2010 4:59:02 PM

mrhoshos96 said:
tell the shop u bought from that u recieved a cpu with bent pins or watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA

Hey i solved that problem but now a new problem came sorry for troubling you guys but you all know better than me so please continue to help me thank you

Ok now my processor is properly fixed and all components are fixed and connected but when i try to turn on the power the case fans turn on just for a second or two then off but my motherboard shows blue leds on power switch and reset switch and cmos do you think my psu is dead?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 10, 2010 11:11:52 PM

most likely a short between the motherboard and a misplaced standoff.
m
l
July 11, 2010 3:41:34 AM

shovenose said:
most likely a short between the motherboard and a misplaced standoff.

Hey i totally forgot about installing stand offs thats why it didnt work.Now its working but here is the next problem the pc continuously restarts what is the reason for this.All the case fans are running and even cpu fan is running but the hdd and power leds on the case are continuously blinking not stable and the gpu continuously turns on and off.
m
l
July 11, 2010 7:03:31 AM

Hey guys i think the power supply is the problem i think its not enough to power all case fans,cpu,motherboard its just 600w so i am buying a 750w cooler master power supply do you think its enough and other brands like corsair and seasonic are not available here so my only choice is cooler master now
m
l
July 11, 2010 11:29:39 AM

gamer1291 said:
Hey guys i think the power supply is the problem i think its not enough to power all case fans,cpu,motherboard its just 600w so i am buying a 750w cooler master power supply do you think its enough and other brands like corsair and seasonic are not available here so my only choice is cooler master now

if it's a gx series or silent pro m it can do the job but other than that all there other psu's they make suck
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2010 4:52:46 PM

gamer1291 said:
Hey i totally forgot about installing stand offs thats why it didnt work.Now its working but here is the next problem the pc continuously restarts what is the reason for this.All the case fans are running and even cpu fan is running but the hdd and power leds on the case are continuously blinking not stable and the gpu continuously turns on and off.

you probably broke the motherboard when you strained it by not installing standoffs. return it and get a new one :)  thats the best thing to do. then, get something better than the vip 600w. the coolermaster-what model is it?
m
l
July 12, 2010 1:29:21 PM

You have totally messed this build up. You should be concentrating with what you are doing!. You don't need to keep blaming the components for why its not working, it is obviously you that is doing things wrong.

If it keeps restarting then you might not have connected the psu up correctly. Mien kept restarting because the power tot he cpu was loose. Just unplug everything and use a website to make sure you connect everything up correctly.
m
l
April 26, 2012 10:00:07 AM

guys i have same problem. i have i5 760, asus p7h55-mlx motherboard, asus geforce gtx 560ti dc 2 top gpu, 4gb kingstone ram, 1 tb seagate harddisk. asus vk278q led monitor, i ball silent 600w psu, and recent i purches haf 922. but the problem is my haf 922 fan running slow. 2 fan top and front 200mm (700rpm). and a rear fan 120 mm (1200 rpm). but fan speed slow. so please solve my issue..............................
m
l
!