Sign in with
Your question

Monitor

Last response: in Systems
May 1, 2010 1:00:49 PM

i couldent find a specific area to ask about monitors :/ 

with a new build, i want to get three screens for an eyefinity set us (already have three desk mounts so i can adjust them right)

i was thinking about getting three AOC TFT F22S+

does anyone have these monitors?

or does anyone know of any other monitors i can get for a similar price?

More about : monitor

Related resources
a b C Monitor
May 2, 2010 7:31:29 AM

I've had good luck with LG's so personally taking nothing into consideration other than brand I would go with the LG followed by the Samsung.

Samsungs generally do have a better panel, but like anything it's subjective.

Really though, you want to be able to see the monitors in person to really tell the difference and see which one you prefer.
May 2, 2010 7:48:27 AM

from the images on those sites which do you think would be best? im thinking smallest bezels so that i can run eyefinity with minimal gaps.
a b C Monitor
May 2, 2010 8:04:03 AM

Honestly, I would pick none of the ones you've listed because they are all VGA only, and at any resolution higher than 1280 x 768 or so, they will start to blur. Not to mention Eyefinity capable graphics cards generally are DVI native to begin with (although thats less of an issue).

Take a look at the Samsung E1920X. If you want a higher resolution than 1366x768, your going to have to spend more, and probably get a larger panel (22"+) that supports DVI, and that will move you closer or at the 150-200 pound sterling range.
May 2, 2010 3:59:49 PM

the issue is my budget :/  i simply cant afford more :/ .... possibly downgrading to 20" monitors mabye?
a b C Monitor
May 2, 2010 10:46:10 PM

esaglik said:
the issue is my budget :/  i simply cant afford more :/ .... possibly downgrading to 20" monitors mabye?

That would probably be your best option, because the DVI connection is relatively important, especially if you plan to watch HD content on your PC because of HDCP. While you will notice the size, difference, the pain will be pretty minimal considereing you have 3 of them.
May 3, 2010 7:50:02 AM

sk1939 said:
That would probably be your best option, because the DVI connection is relatively important, especially if you plan to watch HD content on your PC because of HDCP. While you will notice the size, difference, the pain will be pretty minimal considereing you have 3 of them.

so u mean it will be noticeably smaller but having three of them will more than likely counter act that?

(also ill be running the set up off a HD 5850 i already plan to whack a second one on for cf, do you think thats enough juice, not necassarilly for highest endgraphics across the three but certainly medium to high?)
May 3, 2010 7:52:03 AM

scratch that, its more like 125 when u add on VAT so nvm, ill look around for 19 / 20 inches
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 11:16:34 AM

You could try it, but I've never heard of the brand so I don't know what kind of quality/performance to expect from it. Personally, I would stick to the better known brands for monitors just because they're better known for a reason.
May 3, 2010 4:29:13 PM

ive searched around and some of the big names have reveiwd this product n it looks good, i think ill get it, thaks for the help.
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:30:41 PM

Your welcome.
!