Katie Girl

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Guess this is the right place? Need some help bad, got a MSI 870A-G54. First off, this company has the worst documentation I’ve ever seen. Other than the fact that the manual comes in ten different languages it is useless as is there web site. My problem is with activating raid on the board. The only thing I’ve changed in the bios is in raid to AHCI. When I load Win 7 pro, I load in the drivers off the MSI site. They won’t even show unless you uncheck the hide drivers that are non-compatible with this board. No matter what I do, I can’t get the raid array to show up. Then again, I don’t have a clue of where to look for it ether. Any other board I’ve done, the screen shows up on boot. You click F what ever and you’re in. The ridicules ATI Catalysts Control Center driver loading system will not light up the raid icon. I need raid #1. Is there someone here that’s figured this out that can walk me though it? In advance, all help is greatly appreciated. Bob
System:
MSI 870A-G54
AMD X4970
8Gigs G-Skill DDR3-1600/PC3-12800
2 1TB WD1002FAEX
Win Pro 7 in 64 bit

CompRepairGurus

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Here you go. Follow each step....

1) During startup tap your delete key to enter setup, under "integrated peripherals" go to "On-Chip ATA Devices" and set "RAID Mode" to RAID. Press F10 to save.

2) After a restart you should see a raid menu after your bios post, press "CTRL + F" when you see the menu. Now setup your array, save and exit.

3) If your trying to install an OS on the array see 3.1, if you intend to use the array as storage see 3.2

3.1) On restart, again tap your "Delete key" to enter setup. Under "Advanced Bios Features" enter "Boot Sequence" and be sure your array is as your first boot device. Side note, if usb is set to "USB Device Legacy Support" connected USB devices during boot "Will" change your boot order.

3.2) On restart, again tap your "Delete key" to enter setup. Under "Advanced Bios Features" enter "Boot Sequence" and set your intended boot device first in the boot order.