[Solved] USB error - Please insert disk into removable disk - FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theLYNXeffect

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hi all, I'm new to the forums but I have some excellent news for which has taken me an entire day to find. And these forums are my #1 source of info, so decided to post here.

There was literally no obvious solutions to this problem that I could find. So here goes...

Problem: A 16gb usb drive of mine became unreadable after I used it as a bootable usb, and my computer then detected it as some sort of disk drive... The small LED on it pulsed slowly rather than its usual solid glow.

I thought I could simply reformat the drive but no, I could not format it.. Or partition it.. Or read anything on it or access it at all. (even in disk management in admin controls)

When I try to double click on it/explore/open it it just said "Please insert disk into Removable Disk F:" or similar. and properties showed a volume of 0 bytes, and when I used cmd to try and manually format/partition etc it told me "no media found" on the disk... There was seemingly no fix.

I thought it was gone forever. And everywhere I looked did not help. (I wasted my whole afternoon on this instead of studying for physics101 haha.)

Anyway... THERE IS A FIX which I recently stumbled across and want to help everyone else.

There is an online recover program by Transcend and it uses internet access to somehow repair the USB (don't ask me how it works, but it did, so I'm happy).

So here's what to do:
(in quote for easy viewing.)
So if you have the same error and could not repair it manually at all, follow these steps:

Download: JetFlash Online Recovery from http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/online_recovery_2.asp?LangNo=0
simply put in an email address and country (don't even need to put your own email here)

Run the .exe that you just downloaded.

choose the drive size and click next. It will find and repair the drive for you...

and viola! Brand new, properly formatted USB.

Worked for me when all else failed. (and I mean, I tried EVERYTHING.)

I hope that helps a lot of people who are as frustrated as I was.

Cheers,
James.

tauqeerzahir

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
thanx so much,,,,, i had this HP one, had same problem, transcend tool didnt detect my pendrive....

so i installed something called HP's USB utility
so i removed my pendrive b4 using the HP tool

but whola after removing and reinserting the pendrive the problem solved.

THANX , :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

but still adding the HP tool may it will help for someone

http://www.eocfiles.com/bdc86eb1ed2989c30dcd1902e84939ae/bootdisks/SP27608.exe

tauqeerzahir

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
just copied one m2ts video to it desktop and played on laptop then tried copying a jpg file, it didnt copy so removed the pendrive, and re inserted same problem....

this time no method works,,,,,,, what to do now,

G

i tried it but not able to run .exe , frist it shows need to stop UCA . i stop it , then it shows please plug in your drive. now what can i do

gibz_utech13

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Hi! LYNXeffect,

Thank you so much! for almost a year trying to fix/repair my Transcend USB 4gb drive, i just did today because of your good news. I downloaded the Jet Flash Online recovery.zip. Thanks a lot for new knowledge and now i will no longer buy a new USB really save money. . . God Bless More power

rickitikz

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Hello,
i have the same problem with my 16gb USB (Kingston Data Traveler 101C) exactly the way it is.... can someone help me where to find ways to fix it?... Thank you,,

ric

Jino Yu

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

> I'm using HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool too and It works for me!
thanks for your help.. :)
this is the prove --> http://i50.tinypic.com/34gvyvd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts