Dual Monitor / Vid Card Problem

Asdf Jer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Hello,

I've recently set up a dual monitor on my old PC and I'm having a problem getting it to work just right. I've got Windows 7 32-bit on it and the two video cards are a GeForce 5500 FX and ASUS V7100 PRO which I think uses a GeForce 400MX GPU. But, I've got everything set up right now so that both monitors are displaying but my problem is that I have to choose between having dual monitors or Aero. The reason for that is because after I've updated the drivers for my 5500 to support Aero my secondary monitor doesn't display and the computer doesn't recognize the display as being connected due to the drivers for the 5500 apparently don't support the drivers for the 400.

Does anybody know a work around? The 400 is being displayed in Disk manager but when I try to update the card manually through device manager (pointing the Search for drivers to the NVIDIA folder where it extracts) it doesn't find any drivers and simply says that card is up-to-date. Do I have to search for the .inf file (might be wrong on the extension) or what can I do? I really don't want to trade off my dual monitors to have Aero or vice-versa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jer

Brett4u6

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Those are some really old video cards. They don't even support direct X9c, let alone the the newer DX10 or DX11. I think the best solution for you is to get a $80 GT220 and plug both monitors to the one card.

TRENDING THREADS