Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

SLI or Crossfire tech for Asus p7p55d pro mobo

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 3, 2010 11:50:39 PM

Which technology would be better for an Asus p7p55d pro mobo paired with an I5-750? Anyone? Not looking to start a war here, just want some feedback. I am not a gamer. I just do some photo and video editing.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 4, 2010 12:04:28 AM

rugman1969 said:
Which technology would be better for an Asus p7p55d pro mobo paired with an I5-750? Anyone? Not looking to start a war here, just want some feedback. I am not a gamer. I just do some photo and video editing.


Well, I don't see the point of you using CrossFireX or SLI considering that you're not going to game much at all. IIRC, photoshop does support video acceleration, although I'm not sure how much it helps. You will need a graphic card for the output display, and anything will do, if you don't plan to use video acceleration. As for video editing, depending on the program, it may or may not support video acceleration, but I doubt CrossFireX or SLI would help at all.
m
0
l
April 4, 2010 12:12:54 AM

Lmeow said:
Well, I don't see the point of you using CrossFireX or SLI considering that you're not going to game much at all. IIRC, photoshop does support video acceleration, although I'm not sure how much it helps. You will need a graphic card for the output display, and anything will do, if you don't plan to use video acceleration. As for video editing, depending on the program, it may or may not support video acceleration, but I doubt CrossFireX or SLI would help at all.


So would you suggest something like a gt9500 or 9800? I assume the better the video card, the better the video will look? Or is there something else you can suggest? The mobo is capable of pcie x16 2.0
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2010 12:34:26 AM

You might as well get a card based on the newest technology. Which would be ones built on the 40nm die. Nvidia~ Gt210,220, 240. But no DX11. The new cards are high end ,expensive, gtx 470,480. Nothing in between right now.
ATI has a whole lineup, the 5 series. All DX11
There is a review on every model here at TH.
The 5670 is about a hundred dollars.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
April 5, 2010 2:23:47 AM

notty22 said:
You might as well get a card based on the newest technology. Which would be ones built on the 40nm die. Nvidia~ Gt210,220, 240. But no DX11. The new cards are high end ,expensive, gtx 470,480. Nothing in between right now.
ATI has a whole lineup, the 5 series. All DX11
There is a review on every model here at TH.
The 5670 is about a hundred dollars.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


So you recommend ATI or Nvidia?

m
0
l
April 11, 2010 11:57:31 PM

Best answer selected by rugman1969.
m
0
l
!