External hard drive file recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer1990

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
i have 2 hard drives that have already gone out one 2TB and one 320G the 2TB can be seen in my devices but i cant open it how do i recover the files from my 2TB. The 320G turns on but the computer just will not see it i've used different cords but nothing really works i guess i really have bad luck with externals can someone help

urbanrider

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
First off if your going to try and recover your data you will need another 2.5TB of free space to recover your data to. Secondly it will probably take a LONG time depending on whats actually wrong with the drive. A 1TB recovery for me took about 2 days.

There are numerous software options from free to $$$$ that will try and recover your data. Ive had various levels of success recovering my data depending on what was wrong with the drive. So there's no guarantee that the software will be able to recover all your data if any. I'd recommend finding a free one on google to try out first.

For the 320G drive, see if the recovery software can see it. They will sometimes pick up drives that windows wont show in My Computer. If not it might also be a problem with the enclosure, so either put the HDD in a new enclosure or attach it by SATA to your computer if you have a desktop.

rajeshc

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hi slayer! I have a brilliant solution to your heavy size of hard drive data recovery problem. To recover unlimited amount of data from damaged hard drive, you must be used Hard Disk Data Recovery software.
You can simply get this application form this Link:

http://harddisk-recoverysoftware.blogspot.in/

Status
Not open for further replies.