• Homebuilt
  • Monitors
  • Software
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
May 2, 2010 1:22:53 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for a good monitor for my new homebuilt system. I will use it to games, software development, some of graphic design...

I was looking a 24", about 200-300€. Can suggest me someone?

Very much thanks!!

More about : good monitor

a b C Monitor
May 2, 2010 7:04:19 AM

Try the HP HP LP2465, people seem to like em and you can find them pretty cheap nowadays. Otherwise look for anything that has an IPS panel, especially if color correctness is important to what your doing.
Related resources
May 2, 2010 7:48:33 AM

I'm also into gaming & graphic design. Bought a Dell S2409W, which works just great. Brea in mind that it has a TN (twisted nematic) panel which might not give the best colour reproduction, but has a good enough response time for gaming. It offers the best compromise between the expensive IPS panel monitors (which give the best colour reproduction, but slower response time) & the economical TN based ones (less accurate colour reproduction but great response times)
a b C Monitor
May 2, 2010 7:55:49 AM

ksampanna said:
I'm also into gaming & graphic design. Bought a Dell S2409W, which works just great. Brea in mind that it has a TN (twisted nematic) panel which might not give the best colour reproduction, but has a good enough response time for gaming. It offers the best compromise between the expensive IPS panel monitors (which give the best colour reproduction, but slower response time) & the economical TN based ones (less accurate colour reproduction but great response times)

Your right on the fact (among others) the IPS panels are expensive and slower (you'll find almost none under 200 Euros). It also depends on what you will be doing more, are you designing things daily with gaming as a side show, are you making your livelihood off of your computer, or is gaming your priority and everything else take a back seat. If it's the first option, the I would pick an IPS panel hands down, or perhaps an S-PVA, otherwise if gaming is your priority I would pick a TN panel (same if you are trying to spend as little as possible).
!