Solved

No Dual memory

Hi all i have the P5Q SE PLUS mother board can run in Singlel mode but not dual mode i set mem volts in bios
to 2.2v NB @ 1.30 and 800MHZ mem is OCZ DDR 2 800MHZ if i put in dual mode. comp starts but nothing on screen but fans are all running
any help would be great thank you

Vista SP2 Intel Core2Duo Processor E6750 @ 2.66GHZ
2Ghz OCZ Memory DDR 2 800MHZ
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dual memory
  1. Please use punctuation. Hard to read without punctuation.

Are your memory sticks matched pair? Did they come in pairs when you bought them? Also you might want to run memtest. Possible you have bad sticks.
  2. You aren't setting them to 800MHz actual are you? Do they run at that frequency in single channel mode?
  3. john_29 said:
    Hi all i have the P5Q SE PLUS mother board can run in Singlel mode but not dual mode i set mem volts in bios
    to 2.2v NB @ 1.30 and 800MHZ mem is OCZ DDR 2 800MHZ if i put in dual mode. comp starts but nothing on screen but fans are all running
    any help would be great thank you

Vista SP2 Intel Core2Duo Processor E6750 @ 2.66GHZ
    2Ghz OCZ Memory DDR 2 800MHZ

yes i set the memory manually to 800MHZ
    the memory is a kit 2x1GB. i ran Memtest86+ V4.10 for hours and all passed
  4. Check your mobo manual. You may have to install them in orange/orange or black/black slots.
  5. when put them in the same color only fans run no screen or boot menu cant even get into bios in dual mode
  6. For Dual Channel to function properly: 1. Use only matched Sets, 2. Use RAM that is Certified QVL or Tested for your MOBO, 3. Use correct DIMM slots, 4. Voltage may be required to be set manually; especially where high density or 4 stick configuration. Often in these cases both DRAM and QPI/DRAM or CPU VTT or NB voltage may be required slightly above spec +0.1-0.2v and use the lowest stable voltage.
  7. thank you for the reply. ok this ram is QVL OCZ2P800R22GK 2GB Dual Channel i set everything manually

DRAM Frequency = DDR2-800
    DRAM Command Rate = 2N
    DRAM Timing Control = Manual
    CAS# Latency = 4
    RAS# to CAS# Delay = 4
    RAS# PRE Time = 4
    RAS# ACT Time = 15
    Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) = 65
    DRAM Voltage = 2.1v
    NB Voltage = 1.30
    SB Voltage = Auto

so far a no go for Dual Channel
  8. If you can't even access bios, try one stick at a time in slot 1 and see if you can boot bios, then check settings.
    You may want to clear your cmos to revert to factory settings for the mobo and go from there.
    Could be a defective ram stick or bios settings won't allow boot. It's more or less a trial and error method.
  9. Best answer
    I assume that the DDR2 sticks are installed in the correct slots.
    800 MHz CL 4-4-4-15(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) @1.9~2.1v

Failure to get in BIOS then Clear CMOS; refer to page 1-27. @john_29 your settings look correct, but a higher NB Voltage 'might be' needed ~1.30~1.35v.

If you continue to have problems then 'try' DRAM Frequency -> DDR2 709MHz. Also, it couldn't hurt to clean the contacts with Isopropyl alcohol and/or a pencil eraser.

{ignore the DDR3 references, these are the correct slots - I checked your manual}
  10. Thank you for all the help so far. ok clean them with alcohol. I reset the bios with the jumper and took out the battery and held the power button for 20 seconds. the i put NB to 1.40v no 1.35v set to DDR2 709 MHz.
    Install the memory in slot A and C nothing. computer starts with all fans running but no boot so.

slot A&C fans only come on.
    slot B&D fans only come on.
    slot A&D fans only come on.
    slot A&B computer boots fine.
  11. If you had an AMD then I'd suggest unganged, but this seems to be an unmatched pair, replaced stick, or damaged RAM. Therefore, I would RMA both sticks together {Lifetime Warranty} - http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_platinum_revision_2_dual_channel worst case the MOBO is damaged/defective.
  12. thank you for all the help but the memory works great in my other computer so its not the memory i think its the mother board. when i got the mother board i did not have to update the bios it had the newest bios install already. so i think it was a return mother board i got. just my luck. dam now i need to rip it apart well
    thank you all for the help
  13. Best answer selected by john_29.
  14. john_29 said:
    the memory works great in my other computer

Then :( bad MOBO.
  15. yep mobo memory slots C & D are dead could not take it back to the store but ASUS said they will take it back so no problems just a lot of wasted time doing all this stuff again thank for the help all of you happy ocing
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards