Sign in with
Your question

Quadcore runs 2 core only in any games is it real???

Last response: in CPUs
July 9, 2010 6:20:41 AM

hi guys i just want to know if its real that the quad core will run 2 core only in any game but if you use the quadcore in autocad, adobe photoshop, graphics, movie making etc etc it runs the 4 core ... is true or not???

thats all thanks :D  :D 
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2010 6:46:00 AM

It depends. Many games are not coded to take advantage of more than 1 or 2 cores, but if a game is coded to use all 4 cores, it will (and more modern games are being programmed to take advantage of it).
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2010 7:22:57 AM

Like cjl said, some games (mostly new ones) will be able to use more than two cores. Even if it can't, 4 cores will still improve you experience since the PC then has the capacity to do other stuff in the background while you game.
m
l
Related resources
a c 83 à CPUs
July 9, 2010 8:16:01 AM

As all ready mentioned, software needs to be programmed to use the additional threads/cores. Most games and programs aren't able to use 4 cores, but those that do show large gains in performance. Even if I didn't run software that can use 4 cores, I would still take a quad core today for it's improved multitasking, I tend to bog dual core processors down causing my pc to be slow.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2010 1:50:22 PM

Unless you're on a really tight budget, it's better to spend the extra $15 for a tricore or an extra $20 for a quadcore which BTW cost less than a hundred $$ these days.

Most games that came out in the last 2 years and most future games (if not all) will use all 4 cores. Plus, when you pause the game and multitask (rip a CD, etc) , your system won't bog down.
m
l
July 9, 2010 1:54:49 PM

It totally depends on game.. try GTA 4 it will use ur 3 cores fully.......quad core optimized games r rare for now..... but it will change soon.......
m
l
!