XFX 5770 ddr5 DIRT 2 problem

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
hi i hav 5770 xfx 1gb gddr5 card, i installed dirt 2 and after loading the profile the screen become BLACK and background crowd sound is audible, what is the problem and im using 10.3 catalyst, windows vista home premium............. is there any OS prob. or i hav to install win 7 or any other drivers i hav to istall for gpu other than catalyst 10.3

Hello :)
Post your full system specs first,also does other games work fine ?
BTW,try running the game in DX9 mode,here is how:
go to C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\My Games\DiRT2\hardwaresettings
And open hardware_settings_config with Wordpad
Change <directx forcedx9="false" /> to <directx forcedx9="true" /> and see if it helps or not

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
MY CONFIG ::

CPU :: AMD ATHLON X2 6000+ 3.0GHz

mobo :: asus m2n-sli

ram - 1x 2gb trascend 800mhz

card :: xfx hd 5770 1gb gddr5

drive :: sony dru 810A

SMPS :: zebronics 450+ SATA

HDD :: 1x80GB SATA, 1x256GB IDE

other games are running good just cause 2, gta 4

but battlefield 2 running good but its showing only 1x of anti aliasing

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
why what happened is xfx hd 5770 1gb GDDR5 card is a flap model or all ATI cards are like this only, everybody says that this is equal to Geforce GTX260, this card is problem in battlefield 2(AA problem), prison break (crash), dirt 2 (black screen after loading profile)..................... whats this only just cause 2 playing with high config....???????????????

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I'd try cleaning the driver and do a reinstall of the driver, if that doesn't fly you could try using the older 10.2 drivers and seeing were that takes you although i heard there is a flicker issue with dirt 2 with those drivers but you might not get it.

Yes that would be good too,try doing a clean installation of a driver(if you don't know how,then follow these steps)
The best way to install a new driver is a clean install,here is how:
1_Download and install "Driver sweeper" from Guru3d.com and install
2_Go to add/remove programs and uninstall the driver and reboot
3_Boot to safe mode and open driver sweeper,then click on ATI and then click on clean
4_Reboot and boot normally to windows and install the new drivers after that u need a restart,and its done