$1200 gaming PC.

Hey all, I am in Australia. So I am looking at spending around 1200-1500 Aussie Dollars.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: A week or two.

Budget: $1200-1500 Aussie $

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Internet, Movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf and http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php

PARTS PREFERENCES: Open to suggestions.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe Crossfire later down the track.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Will upgrade to 1920 X 1080 at some stage.

I have picked out this build so far:

CPU: i7 860
Motherboard: Gigabyte UD4P
PSU: Gigabyte 5870
RAM: ?
Optical: Pioneer DVR-218L DVDRW OEM
Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX
Case: HAF 932
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2

Basically i'm looking for any suggestions: That build without any RAM comes to $1500, so i'm looking to get that down a bit, sacrificing the least performance possible. Thanks for any suggestions all <3
6 answers Last reply
More about 1200 gaming
  1. I'd get the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro for $217 AUD instead of the Gigabyte UD4P. Then I'd get the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB if possible. Afterwards I'd get the G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz kit. Also, I'd save $50 and get a Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced.
  2. Thanks for the suggestions mate :) Will have to look into that memory! What else can other people suggest?
  3. I would suggest my usual recommendation: Drop the i7 to i5 750 as it is the ideal gaming CPU and OCs very well.

If you are going to be upgrading only to a 1920 x 1080 soon it means you don't plan on getting any bigger a monitor within a good few years, as a result that 5870 will last you likely until you are replacing your whole system so I owuld not worry much about XFire and so you can get a cheaper mobo. Unless of course money is not too tight with you in which case just have it all
  4. Any one else with some suggestions on how to know down the price a bit sacrificing little-to-no performance?
  5. Well the CM-922 would save you some coin

Look into a i5 750 over the i7 860 looking at your needs you dont need the HT the i7 860 offers and you can OC the i5 750 to 3.6 easy

look into a Samsung F3 1TB HDD

maybe OCing ? buy the HSF at a latter time then

buy the cheapest 22X or 24X DVD ( they will all work or not work )

Less you play crysis I get grate FPS with my 1920X1080 24" monitor with a HD 5850, you might want to drop the GPU down and xfire latter 2 HD 5850s ?

If you dont think you will xfire latter maybe just get the gigabyte P55-UD3 and the HD 5870 this will save some on the mobo and also you wont need a bigger PSU with a single card setup.

Anyways hope this helps
  6. So I was thinking about downgrading the case a little bit to the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced meow suggested. Would this fit the Mugen cooler? Would this be enough room for the parts i have listed? Saves nearly $100 and if there's no massive advantages for the HAF 932 I may as well get a smaller one
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems