When it comes to things like this, i'm a tub of noob. PLZ HELP?!?!

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
OK, so here is a run down of whats going on.
A while back i traded my laptop for the eMachines ET1331G-03W, I read around this Forum that its pretty much a decent rig to start with if someone (as in me) isn't too well informed about Gaming Rig Construction.

So, i did some research, what could i drop into this.
So far i have a 700W PSU, VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 5670, and a Phenom II x2 3.2Ghz.

I despised the GayForce 6150SE in it, but this upgrade didn't stop the shared RAM of 2815MB.

so, now i have the GDDR5 1GB of the 5670, and the extra DDR2 800 2.8GB... so yeah... i already been having some issues with that, but nothing serious, just freak out of the display image.

I'm sure that the extra 2GB is not helping the 5670 at all, since its memory clock on the card is 1Ghz, and the RAM is 800Mhz. I was sure that i would get my whole RAM total to use in the system, and not leave the 2GB shared still. The onboard GFX is disabled, the GFX selection is PCIe i know that much in BIOS, but those are the only ones, there is a UMA Frame Buffer size, but it goes up to 256... not 2815. so i figured that wasn't it.

Just so you know what i'm lookin at, i quote DxDiag's report...
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/15/2011, 04:16:37
System Model: ET1331G
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 3076MB used, 15353MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Display Memory: 3828 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB

how can i get that to not have any Shared Memory?????
It says Available OS Memory, and its the same as the Memory, does that mean that Windows itself is sharing the RAM with the Card? Or is this some sort of weird referrence fail of the Card and the RAM, or what the MoBo was doing with the Onboard Video Shared RAM, i'm lost, and confused over this, there is no options that i can find about "GFX Memory" that is user defined. I know some bit of BIOS, and thats, not all companies are the same. I knew a differen't computer i think it was a old dell my mother had, i could increase the AGP buffer up to 128MB, Diablo 2 looked awesome then lmao.

Before i forget,
I am greatly appreciative of any help and advice.
I know my thing says "I mod for fun and to kill time" i alter the appearance, thats about it.
again, THANKS ahead of time.

Another note:
I have searched with Google and within TomsHardware for this issue, and it sounds like everyone wants the opposite i do, they want to share RAM, i don't. I know that if the clock speeds are different there will be issues, and even BSOD's. I once had the wrong PC speeds of RAM, that was epic fail in Windows 98.

This just may be a test of skill on those out there who got it.

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
ok, so i magically bought a 1Gig 5670 that has 3 on it?

or do you know nothing.

motherboard is MCP61PM-GM rev 2.4

gee wiz people i am not a retarted child, i know what up is from down.
@mosox, if RAM has nothing to do with integrated GFX memory, then how else does it get it. And why is it that people upgrade a laptops RAM to get more Video RAM and System RAM. ALSO, when the card is NOT integrated, and ships with 1GB GDDR5, how does it gain an extra 2Gigs? Did the stop at Del Taco level up the GFX card? lol

sulumordna

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
disable the onboard graphics in the bios. i too have a et1331g. i have put in an athlon ii x2 220, cooler master gx450 psu, pny geforce 9600 gso 192bit g92 version and 800 mhz pny dd2 ram still 4 gigs. i set the video to pci-e only in the bios, the pc uses no ram for the integrated graphics.

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i recently upgraded the motherboard to the ASUS M4A785-M so i could keep the DDR2 800 ram, i upgraded the RAM to 8GB's installed a Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro Gaming NIC (increased online FPS by minimal 9 frames)... total run down is as follows...

original parts:
lame OEM Mobo 89w CPU max
onboard 6150se noobvidia
6GB's DDR2 800
Athlon II 2.4Ghz x2
standard Realtek HD audio
standard noobforce ethernet
750GB HDD
DVD Combo Drive

current setup:
ASUS M4A785-M mobo 125w CPU max (mobo has built in Radeon HD 4200 - max shared is 512MB)
Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 5670
8GB's AMPx DDR2-800
Phenom II x2 555 - core unlocked and OC'd to equal Phenom II x4 970
Via HD audio *is onboard audio* (running at 192Khz)
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro Gaming NIC
added 1TB HDD

would like to know how to safely determine how much extra voltage i should add to the CPU to squeeze even more out of this CPU, i can run at 4.1Ghz for about 30 minutes before that lovely blue screen shows itself.

upon reviewing the Dxdiag read out i have found that the video cards RAM is now at 754MB when it should be 1GB now my issue is reversed, i no longer have more video ram, i have less. i've probably cooked it a bit :p but with the games i play its to be expected. (Bad Company 2, Black Ops, Battlefield 3 Beta, Doom 3, NFSWorld, Jade Dynasty... Bejeweled?)

i also just figured out that this mobo's specs say its for DirectX 10.1 and the DirectX i have is 11... i haven't had any issues, i hope that after saying this i don't get any now.