Monitor horizontal running line problem...

TopGun

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hey my trusty TH gurus,

My monitor has had a horizontal line running from top to bottom through it for the past several weeks. It's a Hanns.G Hi221D 22" monitor (less than a year old).

I have checked the cords/connections, re-installed the drivers, checked a different monitor (no lines), and tried auto adjust.

Shortly after I re-installed the monitor driver and restarted, the line appeared to go away for a couple days. It's back now though, so I thought I'd ask here to see if there is anything else I can do before the dreaded (and monitorless) RMA process.

So, any advice/suggestions?

Thanks,
-TG

TopGun

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I am using VGA. I did test the cable on a different monitor and it worked fine. Hanns had a disk with a driver on it. I'm not sure what you mean by wo inputs...it just had the one driver on it that I'm aware of.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
DVI is a digital signal where VGA is analog. It is generally a better signal/picture etc and might be worth picking up at some point. However, since you've tested with a different monitor and that DIDN'T show the line, its probably the monitor. Do you have another PC to try the monitor with? If you can do that and its still got the line, you know you need to RMA that monitor.