FIX SATA PORTS ON ASUS P4C800 DELUXE

gmr45

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hello, does anyone know why 2 of my four SATA ports on my ASUS P4C800 DELUXE MOBO don't work. The top 2 work fine with a HDD and a DVD Burner attached, but when I added a second SATA burner to the third or fourth connector on the MOBO, it doesn't even recognize the device. Are these 2 reserved for some other special purpose, or do I have to do something to the MOBO to fix the problem. Thanks for your time and any help.

tecmo34

Administrator
Welcome to Tom's Hardware..

Look at 2-25 (page 51) of the manual ( http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800E-DX/e1347b_p4c800-e_deluxe.pdf ) to get an understanding of the SATA ports. They are designed for RAID setup and don't support DVD drives. You might try installing the hard drive in one of those ports (correct boot drive sequence in BIOS, if needed) and plug both DVD drives into the first two ports. This might help solve your issues.

Solution

gmr45

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
I checked out the manual and I see what you mean. I'm gonna try the 1 HDD in one of the lower raid ports and see if it recognizes it, and place both DVD drives in the top 2.

Thanks for your help and quick reply, Tecmo34. Appreciate it.