Sign in with
Your question

Video/graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 4, 2010 3:57:14 PM

Hello,
Help me please..I know nothing about PCs. I just bought Fallout3 and I think I need a better video/graphics card...I know that I can upgrade but how do I find out what card is compatable and where to get it?

More about : video graphics card

a c 130 U Graphics card
April 4, 2010 4:09:15 PM

Hi welcome to the forum,
First we need to know some things about your PC. We would need to know what the hardware is in your PC now so we know what you can an can not handle upgrade wise.
You can download a free program from the web that will tell you whats in the case if you don't know. I like using Si soft sandra lite.
We would need to know what CPU you have,how much Ram you have and what Graphics card you have now. Also the make and size of your power supply is important, you will probably need to open the case yo find this out. We need either the wattage and make or if possible the wattage or Amps on the +12v rail. The first one is fine if you are not sure.
Alternativly you can just tell us what make and model teh PC is and we can try and work it out from that i guess.

Mactronix
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2010 2:09:13 PM

well its an emachine model number W3503.. the OS is Windows Xp 2002 version. it has 1.5 GB of memory and has a Celeron 3.33GHz processor. it has ATI Radeon Express 200 video card..says PCI Express slot available for upgrade. As far as wattage goes...I dont really wanna take it apart for fear that I might mess it up lol sorry
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 5, 2010 7:25:58 PM

Ok well you will have to take the case apart to get a new GPU in it you know :) . For now can you give me an idea of Budget and resolution/screen size please.
A generic E machine PSU is going to be pretty weedy so i will keep it to low end GPU's that will manage Fallout 3 at decent settings.
Your not going to get any thing earth shatering but im sure we can get you playing.

Mactronix

m
l
April 8, 2010 11:52:23 PM

mactronix said:
Ok well you will have to take the case apart to get a new GPU in it you know :) . For now can you give me an idea of Budget and resolution/screen size please.
A generic E machine PSU is going to be pretty weedy so i will keep it to low end GPU's that will manage Fallout 3 at decent settings.
Your not going to get any thing earth shatering but im sure we can get you playing.

Mactronix

Resolution is 1600x900 and screen size ( Im hoping you mean monitor size lol) is 20 inch
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 6:52:53 AM

Ok wel based on the premis that the PSU wont be up to much, I owned an E Machine once so im not just guessing here. ;)  Im going to sugest this card http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_5570/
The 5570 wont win any performance crowns but it will play fallout 3 a mediun settings on your set up.
Do please check first with the companys page for compatability with the Motherboard. sometimes a bios update is needed. If there is an issue then look at a HD4650 as another option.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
!