Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Configure ftp server on dmz

Last response: in Networking
February 19, 2010 3:08:25 PM

Hello,
I would like to setup a secure FTP site on a Windows 2003 server in a DMZ seperate from our current network. The DMZ will be on a whole different subnet. Our clients need to FTP some files to our FTP server so each client will need a seperate username and password. We will than like to grab those files and upload them into our internal network. We currently use Active Directory. My question is How should I configure my secure FTP server and how should I assign each client with their individual user names and passwords?

Best solution

February 20, 2010 10:02:30 PM

I presume that the FTP server will not be in your domain.

Create a local user account and a folder for each customer. Then right-click the FTP site (I normally use Default FTP Site) and select New, Virtual Directory. The alias should be a name assigned to a customer and the path should be the folder that you created for that customer. When they login to your site using their name and password, they will automatically be redirected to their folder. All customer folders could be created in a folder accessible from an account that will allow you to grab files from their folders.
March 10, 2010 8:06:18 PM

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. It worked like a charm. You are awesome. :) 
m
l
March 10, 2010 8:06:51 PM

Best answer selected by eguzman0701.
m
l
!