Windows Update Problem

I am the only user and Administrator of my PC. When I run Windows Update,
the screen does not completely fill. It shows checking for the latest
version of Windows Update Software and does nothing. It used to run fine.

If I select Run As Administrator, Windows Update will run correctly and
allow me to run an Express Install or Custom Install.

How can I get Windows Update to run without having to run as Administrator?
Thank you.

Answering my own question: If I temporarily disable Norton Antivirus
Auto-Protect, Windows Update will run correctly. This is confusing because I
don't have to disable Auto-Protect if I run Windows Update as Administrator.