Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My acer 5051 fan stop spining what should i do

Last response: in Components
Share
July 9, 2010 1:16:52 PM

Hello,
help me my laptop fan not working/spining
July 9, 2010 1:23:11 PM

how old is ur laptop? it might have just burned out and need a simple replacement...
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:27:29 PM

3 or 4 years i think
m
0
l
Related resources
July 9, 2010 1:30:22 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
how old is ur laptop? it might have just burned out and need a simple replacement...

3 or 4 year i think
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:33:27 PM

well, as long as you havent changed anything in the BIOS or installed some fan controlling software...you have 2 options:

Buy a new fan and install it yourself/get a professional 2 do it.(I would reccomend paying the small fee and getting the proffesional do it, as laptops can be tricky an he will be able 2 find the correct fan as well)

...or...

buying a cooling pad as a main fan...(which will be more inconvenient and more costy and less effective...

the choice is yours...
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:36:04 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
well, as long as you havent changed anything in the BIOS or installed some fan controlling software...you have 2 options:

Buy a new fan and install it yourself/get a professional 2 do it.(I would reccomend paying the small fee and getting the proffesional do it, as laptops can be tricky an he will be able 2 find the correct fan as well)

...or...

buying a cooling pad as a main fan...(which will be more inconvenient and more costy and less effective...

the choice is yours...

yeah man thats help me a lot tq man :wahoo: 
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:36:23 PM

...1 more thing...
laptops are not supposed to last for that long, so consider it as a vintage...
My theory is that when 1 thing breaks on a laptop, it is time 2 upgrade, because the rest of your laptop will most likely follow suit...

PLZ dont forget the Best answer if you find my info usefull...
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:39:14 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
...1 more thing...
laptops are not supposed to last for that long, so consider it as a vintage...
My theory is that when 1 thing breaks on a laptop, it is time 2 upgrade, because the rest of your laptop will most likely follow suit...

PLZ dont forget the Best answer if you find my info usefull...

is there no other option anymore than this yes this would be the best answer
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:42:00 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
huh?

what huh?any mean on huh?
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:43:21 PM

PLZ, colud u select 1 of my answers as "Best Answer" if u find my info good...
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:44:32 PM

Try blowing dust/fluff out of the fans &/or poking the fan round with a screwdriver or similar. Also try running it with the keyboard out it improved the cooling enough on my old dell before I got the fan working again (using the poke with screwdriver method, I suspect there was something lodged in it).
m
0
l
July 9, 2010 1:46:50 PM

simon12 said:
Try blowing dust/fluff out of the fans &/or poking the fan round with a screwdriver or similar. Also try running it with the keyboard out it improved the cooling enough on my old dell before I got the fan working again (using the poke with screwdriver method, I suspect there was something lodged in it).

well i already did that and even dismatle my laptop
m
0
l
!