Sign in with
Your question

WEird computer problem!!

Tags:
  • Computer
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 9, 2010 3:36:36 PM

Have anyone experienced the problem of computer always failing on the first boot? My computer always gives me the bsod when i start it after coming home from work. But after I restart it two or three times (and begging it), it works fine, even when it is stressed under prime95 test for 2 or 3 hours.

I suspected a fault in memory, but i think if it is indeed faulty, the computer would not be running fine at all no matter how many times i reboot it.

I have no idea at all why I am having this problem and I think the constant hard reboots i have to make will damage my pc in a long run.

My system specs:

Phenom II 965 BE with stock cooler 3.4gHz no overclocking,
Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H,
G.SKILL ddr3 2x2gb RIPJAWS (Got this off ebay) 8-8-8-24 1.605V,
Xfx 5770 crossfire with a Gigabyte batman cooler version 5770,
500gb Western Digital harddisk,
Cooler master Realpower 650w,
Antec 900 case with LG dvd-rw rom,
Cherry keyboard and Logitech MX518 mouse.

I have listed out all my specs here and I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE COuld solve the problem for me. PLEASE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

More about : weird computer problem

July 9, 2010 3:50:28 PM

Wrong on the memory. My machine used to work some and give me bluescreens when I had a memory stick going bad if I remember right. If you are using vista or 7, you should be able to boot from your OS disc, look under utilities and run the memory diagnostic. Memtest86 is better however. Also, check out your power supply. It looks on the surface like it should work, but cooler master is not known for being great.

There is a temp monitoring utility called speedfan that will tell you temps, but should also give you readings at the bottom of your voltages. That may tell you if your power supply is able to handle the load properly. Let us know what you find out.
m
l
July 9, 2010 4:58:38 PM

Tery 2 thiongs to rule them out, 1st try 1 stick of RAM at a time, 2nd try uninstalling the graphics card and using the integrated graphics (to tell if your getting enough power)
m
l
Related resources
July 10, 2010 6:53:52 PM

Hi guys, Thank you for helping. I've ran memtest86 on each of the memory stick and have found one to be faulty, giving me an error at test 5. I am not sure if this will solve all my problems but i really really hope so.

After checking again, I realise my psu is actually an extreme power cooler master 650w instead of the real power coolermaster 650W.

I am not really sure whether my psu is able to handle the load properly. Here are the details after running speedfan:

Vcore1: 0.99V
Vcore2: 1.60V
+3.3V: 3.36V
+5V: 5.11V
+12V: l1.97V
-12V: -7.09V
-5V: 4.05V
+5V: 3.58V
Vbat: 3.14V

THANKS FOR HELPING!
m
l