Sign in with
Your question

Can't get SLI to work please help.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 4, 2010 6:30:43 PM

I cannot get the SLI option to show up in the nvidia control panel to enable. I have ran driver sweeper reinstalled old and new drivers. I have reinstalled windows 7 64bit. I have tried to install each card at a time. Everything is hooked up Correctly bridge Ect. Only bios option for SLI is Hybrid. Both Cards are recognized in device manager and evga precision tool. My graphics cards are different manufacturers but same specs. Also was wondering nvidia 9800gt has 6pin power connector and XFX draws power from the motherboard if that makes a difference. Please Help.

System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus m4n72-e
Processor: phenom x4 9850 2.5
Ram: 6gig
Graphics: 9800gt 512mb Nvidia and 9800gt 512mb XFX
Power Supply: Corsair 650W SLI ready

More about : sli work

a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2010 12:11:05 AM

Not sure if the XFX only draws power from mobo it's an Eco version, so is slightly different from teh EVGA. Did you download the latest drivers off Nvidia's site?
m
l
April 5, 2010 3:25:34 AM

Yes sir, using version 197.13
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2010 6:50:06 PM

Anyway I looked up the nForce and and it comes up having a IGP Geforce 8200, is it disabled? Otherwise I would start looking fo a card matching the original in company because I know two 9800 can push the Antec won't overload it.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 5, 2010 7:06:05 PM

OK make sure the IGP is disabled via the bios (chipset options usually) then give use more info as to the band and model of your cards and we'll go from there. People need to learn to avoid the eco cards they often are more trouble than they are worth.
m
l
April 6, 2010 12:51:13 AM

Called Asus today and figured out the problem. Both versions of the card had different firmware. One of the 9800gt's was from an HP computer and he was helping me look up a firmware update and there wasn't one. So I just sent the XFX card back before I couldn't get a refund. Just going to save up for a couple of weeks and get the 470gtx. Thx for the help guys and hope this helps anyone else they may be having this issue.
m
l
!