Problem with integrated graphics on SB 2600k

anastasis

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Anyone else having any problems with the intel integrated video drivers and their h67 board?

Specs:
Gigabyte H67A-UD3H
i7 2600k
GSkill 4x4GB 10666CL9D
Corsair SSD

I have isolated the issue to a problem that only occur when the Intel HD graphics drivers are installed. No problems with the windows default VGA drivers but the intel drivers cause a reboot with no warning or BSOD. The reboot usually occurs at teh log in screen, but on a few occasions I have been able to log in only to be rebooted in under 2 minutes.

Any thoughts?

Have tried about 3 different versions of the driver and the same thing happens with all 3.

maddogmdd

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Having a very similar issue on a very similar setup:

Same motherboard
i5 2500k (so, same Intel HD Graphics 3000)
GSkill 2x4GB 10666CL7D
Crucial SSD C300

My issue is that completely randomly, about once or twice per day, the screen scrambles up and the system freezes. Only way out is a reset. No BSOD or anything in the event viewer. So, sounds like the same issue but maybe my system is just holding out a little longer and not automatically rebooting.

Ran memtest for a few passes, no issues. Updated the bios to F7 (google it... it's not on the Gigabyte page). Didn't help.

The latest thing I've tried is giving the RAM a bit more juice. Sticks are rated 1.5V but I bumped them to 1.56V, stock timings. So far so good... it has lasted through the evening and night, but we'll see what happens.

I hadn't tried isolating the graphics drivers (probably should have, duh), but I'll try that next if the voltage tweak doesn't work!

Good luck! Post back if you get anywhere and I'll do the same. Glad I'm not the only one.

Toko_Bowler

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I had issues as well. Lock up when scrolling in any browser. I was able to get a stable system by running on 1 stick of Ram. Updated BIOS to F8 didn't help either. I left BIOS settings at default level. I ran stable for one day and just tossed in 2nd stick in different color slot and have been stable for an hour. But I'm not using the onchip HD 300 Graphics. Maybe I'll try removing ATI 5450 video card tomarrow and see if that works.

Specs:
Gigabyte H67A-UD3H F8 BIOS
i5 2500k
GSkill 2x4GB 10666CL7D
WD 1 TB Black HDD
ATI 5450

maddogmdd

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Update- boooo just crashed after about 24 hours.

Back to 1.5V.

I just uninstalled the Intel driver and will see if I am now able to run stable for a few days.

A guy in another forum had some luck running just one stick of RAM. Obviously not ideal, but just another thing to keep in mind. I haven't tried that yet myself.

You guys with just two sticks of RAM are running them in slots 2 & 4 right? To be clear, the slot closest to the CPU would be slot 1.

The guy with 4 sticks of RAM ... increase your DRAM voltage and your VCCIO voltage a bit. Most boards require more voltage when they are fully loaded with RAM.

maddogmdd

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I've been up for 24+ hours by disabling the Intel drivers... will continue through the night to confirm. That said, the drivers at this point in the game shouldn't be this bad. I am leaning toward a hardware issue with either the Gigabyte board or the CPU.

Will probably RMA the CPU and motherboard.

kevinbee

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I had the same problem. After loading the Graphics Driver the system would hang up at the welcome screen.

Specs:
Windows 7 32 bit
Gigabyte H67A-UD3H
i7 2600k
OCZ 2x2GB 1600 CL8D Slots 1 & 3
Crucial 300 SSD
No graphics board

I ran through the situation with Intel. They told me I had a chip with a bad GPU. I replaced the chip and installed the 8.15.10.2266 driver from Intel (NOT Gigabyte.) The machine hung on the welcome screen. I don't have a password set up yet specifically for situations like this. I said screw it, let it hang. After about 15 minutes at least, I noticed the screen had begun to show a curser. I right clicked on the screen which did not have any icons or toolbars and went into preferences. After I set these, everything started to work. I then restarted the machine and let it run overnight to check for problems. None so far. The only I can say is the OS is very slow to load - on the order of a minute or so when 30 seconds was the previous norm. Also, the GPU probably was not bad. But wait at least 15 - 20 minutes before hitting the reset button.

Hope this helps!

MaximusExtremeZ68

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Had same issue turned out there was a conflict between integrated graphics drivers and intel rapid storage tech. Could not run both. one or the other. This was back in Jan. and since have purchased P67/ and now Z68 so never came up with a solution as I turned in my H67 for the chipset recall. Hope this helps someone at least a little to poss. narrow down. good luck

jhedden

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Bummer that this issues has not been solved yet. I am having the same issue on a new build. I think I need to install the Intel driver in order to utilize sleep mode but I can get a driver that will work. Win 7 64bit, i7 2600k, no video card, 8gb RAM, GB Z68xp ud3 mobo, HDMI hook up to monitor.

Whenever I install the Intel drivers, I restart and get a flickering screen and freeze at Welcome screen. Did anybody figure out how to fix this?

yoosedog

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
core i5 2500k
12gb viper ii 3 sticks
500 w psu
onboard graphics at 1920x1080 with HDMI hookup to DVI

Having flickering issues after load and screen goes haywire randomly (usually during downloads).

Also random file corruptions and strange errors.

Not sure if related but would love some feedback.

yoosedog

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
After several late nights of tests, I've narrowed it down. RAM is all good, but more than one stick causes file corruptions and the above-mentioned screen flickers and freezes. Running with one ram stick but would love to use the onboard gpu.

Is there a way to disable the Intel Rapid Storage Tech?