i built a system with

Core i7-930 cpu,
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Mobo ,
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HD ,
WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10K RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HD ,
Corsair HX 850W Mod PSU ,
Cooler Master HAF 922M Case,
2x nvidia quadro nvs 420's and
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) CL8 Memory.

I was running at 32 to 37deg C when i first built it at home, but now in my office a few weeks later and since the weather really started to warm up im running at 45 to 48deg C . I dont know if this is just due being at the new location or if i have a cooling issue. The CPU has a recommended temp of 37deg C i believe which i was originally running well under. Im using Gigabytes Easy Tune6 smart fan control with the auto setting. I dont know if i should add another fan or play with fan settings manually. The case has 3 fans and i installed my PSU with its fan facing down. Anyone have any advice or input??

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
+1 for cutting out those push pins. There are definitely better options out there, just like that one MRFS pointed out. I converted my AC Freezer 7 to spring/screw and took off ~8C. I'd still check to make sure the HSF is on there correctly though, the pushpins can be tricky. I install my HSF with the board out, although some don't suggest that. I like to actually see the pins engaging.

dmavro

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Im going to drive to the microcenter by me today to purchase the backplate kit. Hopefuly it will help out. Im also going to get rid of thermal paste that was originally applied by intel from factory and apply something better.

Just want to clarify something though....... Maintaining a temp of around 37 degrees is recommended and running at 47degrees isnt the end of the world, but the life expectancy of my cpu will be shortened?