Is there a full archive of this group somewhere?

Hi guys, is there a complete archive of this group accessible somewhere or
at least let's say for the last two years? I'm gettin sick of discovering
that my provider has just trimmed it down again to the last 800 messages or
to find out that by sync'ing the account I just lost most of what I had
stored.

Particularly annoying when I know that something has been answered before
but now it's gone from my HD.

Thanks.

--
Barnaby
4 answers Last reply

    "Barnaby" <Dont.come.to.us@We.ll.come.to.you.com> wrote in

    > Hi guys, is there a complete archive of this group accessible
    > somewhere or at least let's say for the last two years? I'm gettin
    > sick of discovering that my provider has just trimmed it down again
    > the last 800 messages or to find out that by sync'ing the account I
    > just lost most of what I had stored.
    >
    > Particularly annoying when I know that something has been answered
    > before but now it's gone from my HD.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Barnaby

    http://groups-beta.google.com/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Lake" <lake@nospam.net> wrote in message news:NVxEe.2504$sc3.6@trnddc07...
    > "Barnaby" <Dont.come.to.us@We.ll.come.to.you.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi guys, is there a complete archive of this group accessible
    > > somewhere or at least let's say for the last two years? I'm gettin
    > > sick of discovering that my provider has just trimmed it down again
    > > the last 800 messages or to find out that by sync'ing the account I
    > > just lost most of what I had stored.
    > >
    > > Particularly annoying when I know that something has been answered
    > > before but now it's gone from my HD.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Barnaby
    > >

    > http://groups-beta.google.com/

    Thanks, but I was thinking more of downloading the lot. Maybe a newsgroup
    service one has to pay for is the only solution?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Barnaby" <Dont.come.to.us@We.ll.come.to.you.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, is there a complete archive of this group accessible somewhere or
    > at least let's say for the last two years? I'm gettin sick of discovering
    > that my provider has just trimmed it down again to the last 800 messages
    > or
    > to find out that by sync'ing the account I just lost most of what I had
    > stored.
    >
    > Particularly annoying when I know that something has been answered before
    > but now it's gone from my HD.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Barnaby

    I've used the news server from http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ for some time, and
    are very happy with with it. You could check it out and see if it meets your
    requests.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Nina Hansen" <catfish@qtopiano.no> wrote in message

    > I've used the news server from http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ for some time,
    and
    > are very happy with with it. You could check it out and see if it meets
    your
    > requests.

    Thanks, have already applied for my registration.

    Barnaby

Games Video Games