Recovery of an External Hard Drive

Bubbles1

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hello,
I dropped my Seagate External Hard Drive off the coffee table the other day. When I plug it in it makes a loud scratching noise and when I plug it into my Mac it says disc not readable. Then when I go into Utility Manager it will not allow me to do any of the steps to try fix the drive. It sounds like the pin inside the drive has been knocked out of place. I don't care about the drive itself just the content, I have over 500 GBs of files on it and would like to recover them. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get the data recovered or what I should do next???

Cheers

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Well unfortunately is sounds like you have serverely damaged the HDD. If you are seriously considering professional recovery be prepared to pay an arm and a leg.

I am sorry but I have not ever looked into professional recovery services so I cannot recommend anything.

I can tell you though the worst thing you can do for your drive not is to try and access it through normal means, even powering it up may damage it further. If there is something physically touching the platters than any spinning of the platters will only further destroy the contents of the drive.

oiver

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Data may get lost or deleted from Apple Macintosh partitions. The Mac data recovery software is embedded with QFSCI algorithms and recursively scan the partitions and recovers every file, folder, documents, music files, video files, images or other important items from the disk within minutes from deleted, corrupted, damaged, inaccessible or formatted HFS, HFS+ files. The software recovers data from IDE, EIDE, SCSI, USB and SATA drives and Memory Cards and data lost due to virus attacks.
For more information you can visit here....http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/Macintosh-Data-Recovery-Software.html

Thanks
Rody Roon