Budget mobo for HTPC

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2011 8:37:32 AM

Hi guys
I'm looking to build a new HTPC.I don't intend to buy a graphics card as it's an HTPC.I initially thought about the upcoming i3 2120.But in search of better graphics and OCing abilities I ended up choosing the SB i5 K series.But now there's a problem.I want to make use of the Intel 3000 graphics and I also wish to overclock it(just for experimenting).Now I cant find a mobo that can help me do both.What should I do now?Go for the old i5s?
Thanks
L

More about : budget mobo htpc

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2011 11:47:22 AM

How long do you want to wait? Many of the h67 boards have usb 3.0 and sata 6.0 if you are ready to build today. Check microcenter and newegg for any combo deals. The mini itx boards coming out may have some of the features you want, but those tiny boards actually cost more than some atx ones. Go with micro atx if you have the space.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 7:04:25 PM

Sandy Bridge has some strange OC requirements.

A P67 motherboard and a K series processor are needed to OC, but the P67 can't use the Intel 3000 graphics that only come with K series CPU's.

An H67 motherboard can use the Intel 3000 graphics, but it can't OC, not even the K processors.

Rumor has it that there is an upcoming Z67 chipset that will allow OC and allow use of the on-chip graphics.
m
l
!