Sign in with
Your question

Wireless/Network/Internet doesn't work because another computer is connected to

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 12, 2010 12:16:56 AM

Well... when my father uses his laptop my internet start to disconnect almost every minute, I believe this happens because he is too close to the wireless transmissor and his wireless receptor emits a high frequency of signal, that disconnect mine from internet, is there anything i could do like limit his internet frequency or speed by the router localhost website or configuring it by a computer i don't know, or raise my frequency, or if i am wrong about why this happens, what could i do?
and well, there is no possibility for me to ask him to move because i can't connect, because he doesn't care for me, for what i want, and he won't call a technic to fix it, so i have to do it by myself, can someone help me?
May 12, 2010 6:25:22 AM

Guiaki said:
Well... when my father uses his laptop my internet start to disconnect almost every minute, I believe this happens because he is too close to the wireless transmissor and his wireless receptor emits a high frequency of signal, that disconnect mine from internet, is there anything i could do like limit his internet frequency or speed by the router localhost website or configuring it by a computer i don't know, or raise my frequency, or if i am wrong about why this happens, what could i do?
and well, there is no possibility for me to ask him to move because i can't connect, because he doesn't care for me, for what i want, and he won't call a technic to fix it, so i have to do it by myself, can someone help me?

[#0005ff]It could equally be because your bandwidth is too slim to share. When you have the network to yourself for a moment or two, take a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net.
[/#000ff]
!