Computer hasn't worked for 3 years...

G

I have always looked to forums to try to fix my computer, but I’ve never actually asked for help. Well, I’ve been wrangling with my computer for the past three years, and I’m about ready to do almost anything to fix it. It’s specs are:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor - 2.40GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS, 512MBGDDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready
Memory: OCZ Reaper Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI
Power Supply: 600-Watt
Okay. Here’s the saga:
I made this computer in my sophomore year of high school, and now I’m a senior. I only ever used it for about a year. Basically, it started BSODing on me with the error “driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.” I searched for months on the internet and no matter how many people had the exact same problem as me, none of their fixes worked. I eventually got frustrated and took it into microcenter. They “fixed” it, but not really. I took it in again. They “fixed” it, but it just started coming back with different BSOD errors. Eventually, it began freezing every time I had music and anything else running simultaneously – no matter how small the operation was. Windows Media Player and Starcraft would crash my computer. I decided to reinstall vista and hope for the best.
That didn’t work either. My brother wanted to install Ubuntu, so I let him have a crack at that. Midway through, my computer decided it couldn’t properly format its hard drive, and I was left with no functional OS on it.
Furious at this point (around a year of limited functionality) I took the computer to microcenter again for a fix. They told me everything was dandy, and that they had reinstalled Windows. I took it home, plugged it in, and... The monitor didn’t work. No signal came through from the GPU to the monitor. I tried different monitors, and different connecting cables, and nothing picked up a signal from the GPU. Defeated again and unwilling to shell out another hundred or so dollars to MicroCenter, I just gave up and started using my brother’s old computer.
That was almost two years ago. A week ago, I plugged the computer in, turned it on, and it worked. I was amazed because I hadn’t changed anything and the monitor picked up a signal.
Then the errors started coming again. First it couldn’t connect with our router, then it could but couldn’t get internet, ect.... Finally, today while I was playing CIV4, I left the computer for a while and when I came back the monitor had no signal. I moved the mouse, ect...., and I could hear the computer working, but the monitor didn’t know anything was going on. It just sat there with a blank look on its face.
I powered the computer down, then restarted. Nothing on the monitor. I rechecked the connections: nothing on the monitor. Only one time did I see something on the screen: as my system began to boot up, it said it thought I should check to see if a cable was unplugged on my nVidia device. I did, and nothing was unplugged. So my monitor is permanently black apparently, and my computer still doesn’t work. That’s my tale of woe. Any ideas on how to fix it?

4745454b

Titan
Nothing on the screen sounds like a problem with the video card. Lots of blue screens and random errors sounds like memory problems. Double check the ram settings, replace ram/GPU as needed.