G105M please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
hi guys please help
First of all i have
((packared bell EASYNOTE_TJ65-DT-003AC )) laptop and
Chipset ((Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset)) and
I/O Controller ((:)Intel(R) 82801IMB Intel(R) I/O Controller Hub (ICH9M-B) SATA Controller found in AHCI mode))) AND
Graphic card ((nvidia G105M ddr2 512mb))

Now what is the difference between dedicated graphic card and integrated graphic card??
Isn’t dedicated means (( its not attached to the motherboard and its a card that can be removed and replaced)))??
and integrated means ((its attached to the motherboard and you can’t change it, to change it you have to change the whole motherboard))))???

Secondly:-
Isn’t all nvidia graphic cards are all dedicated ??

Thirdly:-
i downloaded Intel® Chipset Identification Utility and it says ((Integrated Graphics: This chipset does not contain integrated graphics)) and same on the website but its not dedicated its integrated ((attached to my motherboard))
Intel says that my motherboard chipset suppose to have PCI express X16 but when i opened my laptop i didn’t see the PCI slot and i saw the graphic card attached to the motherboard ((integrated)) WHY??

finally:-
DirectX says the following ((( DAC type:integrated RAMDAC ))

how Intel says that ((Integrated Graphics: This chipset does not contain integrated graphics)) and in website they say the same and directx says its has integrated graphic card and when i open my laptop i saw the graphic card attached to the motherboard ((( cannot be removed)

Website of intel :- (((http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35515)))
Thank you

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
The reason that Intel doesn't let you install the driver is because that driver is for Intel graphic cards not for yours,you have to download the latest driver from Nvidia's site.

Mmm, ^+1. Not all nVidia graphic processing units are dedicated, and neither are ATi's GPUs. Integrated graphic processing units are lower end graphic chips, such as the GeForce G105M, GeForce 9100M, GeForce 6150, and, an example of ATi's integrated GPUs are ones like the ATi Radeon HD 3000, HD 3300, HD 4200, HD 4290.

Kari

Splendid
and just because the intel pm45 chipset doesn't have intel's integrated gpu in it, doesn't mean the guys at PB won't be able to slap another integrated gpu in there instead.

the 'integrated RAMDAC' just means the gpu has ramdacs integrated into it, not that the gpu itself is necessarily an integrated one

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
ok so how do i know which graphic card is dedicated in other word (( how do i know which graphic card i can change and replace with other one like the normal PC))
and how do i tell if the laptop has dedicated graphic card (( card that can be replaced not attached to the motherboard))

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

I didnt ask about the drivers i ask how to know if your GC (Graphic Card) is dedicated ((not attached to the motherboard))

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

ok thank i got it now so low GC are usually integrated so 9300M+ and 4650+ is detecated
thanks again

but is there anyways to make sure if the GC is dedicated?? like maby check Directx or something ??

Google it - I'm not joking, pretty much after a minute or two of looking around, and based on performance, you can easily tell whether it's dedicated or integrated. Mainly you can tell it's integrated if it uses shared memory or otherwise, have a low number in terms of naming scheme. I.e., anything from ATi, whose second digit is three or below, and its third digit is not 0, it is dedicated. For example, HD 3300 and HD 4200 are integrated, but HD 3450 and HD 4350 are dedicated. As for nVidia, it's quite similar for their GeForce series with four digits - e.g. if the number is three or below, it is integrated, apart from the older generations such as the GeForce 7XXX and older. As you said, nVidia GeForce 9300M GS, and GeForce 7025, but 9400(M) (GT) is dedicated.

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

thank you very much i have been googling it all day long and i couldn’t find anything now i know how to tell whether its dedicated or not. Thank you very much

i don’t usually post in forum cuz you waste your time waiting for the answer i usually Google the thing and i find it in minutes but this time i didn’t know what to google

Anyways u have been very helpful thanks again

You said:
"i downloaded Intel® Chipset Identification Utility and it says ((Integrated Graphics: This chipset does not contain integrated graphics))"
And i explained the reason

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Intel® Chipset Identification Utility is not drivers its 200Kb software that Identify what chipset you have on your motherboard :)

FantasyXIII

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

:D np i'm playing MW2 now on my stupid G105m in restitution of 1280 x 720 and its pretty playable but in bad company 2 I have to but everything at medium of high except the shadow i have to make it low or the game will run at .00000000001 FPS lol :D and the resolution is also 1280 x 720