Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Biostar A780l3g

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2011 6:16:00 PM

Hello,
I recently got a Biostar A780l3g in a bundle for a system I built. The computer powers on, but I dont see any video on screen. I thought it was my video card, but i put it in another PC and it worked. The monitor and cable are also working, so it seems that its maybe the mobo. Another wierd thing is when I press the power switch the computer powers on but i cant turn it off unless I switch off the power on the PSU.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

More about : biostar a780l3g

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2011 6:32:44 PM

As I've said in past posts, it could be the RAM/Memory. As weird as it may sound, I know this from experience because I myself have had RAM stolen from my system and when I bought a new GPU and powered on I had the same problem as you! Of course I didn't notice the RAM had been stolen until I looked in more detail at the insides. If possible, check the RAM in a different build.
January 16, 2011 8:35:06 PM

In the Specs for the mobo, it states that it can use ddr3 1066,1333, and 800. The RAM I bought is ddr3 1600. Does that really matter?

P.S. I don't have any other system available to check my ram
m
l
Related resources
February 21, 2011 1:07:34 AM

zawoo said:
Hello,
I recently got a Biostar A780l3g in a bundle for a system I built. The computer powers on, but I dont see any video on screen. I thought it was my video card, but i put it in another PC and it worked. The monitor and cable are also working, so it seems that its maybe the mobo. Another wierd thing is when I press the power switch the computer powers on but i cant turn it off unless I switch off the power on the PSU.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I have the same exact problem, same motherboard. Have you solved this? If so, how?
m
l
February 21, 2011 6:16:12 PM

Yes i actually did find a solution. I found out that I can split the 8 pin connector on the PSU into 2 4 pins. Then I was able to connect it into the 4-pin power slot on the mobo.
m
l
February 21, 2011 6:17:06 PM

Best answer selected by zawoo.
m
l
!