ASUS P8P67 PRO vs. MSI P67A-GD55 vs. MSI P67A-GD65

humanage

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Hi, I'm getting an 1155 i5 2500k. I'm choosing a motherboard now. I'm planning to OCIn the title is "ASUS P8P67 PRO vs. MSI P67A-GD55 vs. MSI P67A-GD65" The Asus board is the most expensive one but I can get it in a combo deal (http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=58048&promoid=1277) $5 cheaper than the cheapest MSI one I want. So basically the Asus is $165, and the other 2 MSI boards are also on sale.
Asus: $160
MSI GD55: $165
MSI GD65: $190

The only differences between the two MSI boards are: the more expensive board has 2 more SATA6gbs ports, another bios chip, v checkpoints, and a PCI slot USB 3 plate. Normally I would take the Asus because this is a no brainer, Asus has all of the expensive MSI board's features + an extra PCIE x16 slots. 12 phases(unlike MSI's 8), and no dual bios and OC buttons. My problem in deciding which is the best choice for me is that I like MSI very much and would love to have those Power, Reset, and OC Genie II buttons on the board. This descision has been stumping me for a day now.

Solution
if u really want power and reset button onboard u should chose p8p67 evo...
it cost only 10$ more than pro and have this kind of feature!
imao gigabyte ud3 (the black one provided 12phases) is also a really good motherboard!
anyway you can't compare directly asus and gigabyte phase system with MSI one because it's operate at different frequency!
if you are intrested about overclock all this mobo are quite good! (the real different is the processor!)

sorry for my english xd

pax87

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
if u really want power and reset button onboard u should chose p8p67 evo...
it cost only 10$ more than pro and have this kind of feature!
imao gigabyte ud3 (the black one provided 12phases) is also a really good motherboard!
anyway you can't compare directly asus and gigabyte phase system with MSI one because it's operate at different frequency!
if you are intrested about overclock all this mobo are quite good! (the real different is the processor!)

sorry for my english xd

Solution

roscolo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I have been looking at the ASUS P8P67 Pro, but I would hold off on any of the Asus p67 boards. Looks like they are working through the kinks. Over at the Asus support forums a lot of people are having issues with RAM, even RAM on the QVL, and even just boot issues getting a stable board. Some issues are to be expected, but the problems Asus is having with the P67 boards seems like a little too many to me. I would wait and see how they address the problems, and in the meantime some of the other P67 boards from other manufacturers should come out. Not saying I wouldn't get the Asus board, but I would wait a month or two and see how it shakes out.

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I'm thinking of getting an Asus P8P67 board. is this issue with all of them or just the PRO?