Sign in with
Your question

First boot- No Monitor Signal

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2010 5:54:38 AM

I switched the ram- and unbolted all bolts that weren't on brass. fyi.

More about : boot monitor signal

May 3, 2010 5:55:01 AM

So put together my computer today.

In my opinion I put everything together as I should have, however when I booted up, the monitor had no signal. The fans, video card, dvdrw mouse, keyboard, etc seemed to work. I'm not sure about the hd since i wouldn't know how to check it, but the monitor surely has no signal. I put the windows 7 cd in and the dvdrw read it and boosted up the sound meaning it was reading and maybe trying to install however the monitor had no sig.

I do not want to tear about the computer again, but i will, If i have to.

here are the hardware specs if necessary.

cpu - amd athlon II x4 630
mobo- gigabyte ma78lm-s2h
memory- patriot 4gb ddr2-800
hd- seagate 1tb barracuda 7200
optical- samsung sh-s223c
chasis- thermaltake v3
powersupply- coolermaster rs-460
video- radeon hd 5770
win7 pro. not installed yet.

please help .
m
l
May 3, 2010 5:59:37 AM

there is also no beep when the computer starts. I don't know what this means.
m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2010 4:57:04 PM

new piece of information. I hooked a lcd-tv through the dvi on the video card and it displayed the loadup screen on the tv, I discoonected the monitor and reconnected and now both screen are not showinganything again. does this isolate any problems?
m
l
a b C Monitor
May 4, 2010 4:28:14 PM

No beep either means the system did not POST or you do not have a system speaker installed.

Our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...

Don't just read the steps. Work through the checklist and troubleshooting steps.

And you might think about a better power supply. CoolerMaster does nice work with cases, but their PSU's? I wouldn't put a CM PSU into your computer. :) 
m
l
!